Complementary and Alternative therapies

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
lightangel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Complementary and Alternative therapies

Postby lightangel » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:22 am

Hi all.

Was just wondering if there are any mobile therapists in the general area of Andalucia. As a qualified therapist thinking of moving to Andalucia in the next 12-18 months it would be nice to get some general feedback and check out the 'competition' so to speak.

It would also be nice to hear people's views on complementary therapy - good or bad. Thanks all

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:59 pm

Hi lightangel,

There is a call for complementary therapists here and I should think being mobile would be a bonus. What sort of therapist are you? I am training as a homoeopath at the moment and have been shown quite a lot of interest. The only problem here is that it is very much a word of mouth culture but, once you get some clients I think you should do fairly well.

lightangel
Andalucia.com Amigo

hi crazyred

Postby lightangel » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:45 pm

Thank you for the reply. Yes I can imagine it being very much word of mouth and establishing those first few clients. Well I qualified in Aromatherapy and swedish massage, reflexology, facial massage, reiki and am trying to do a home study sports massage course.

Interestingly enough I am also doing an OU course and my last essay was about homeopathy..quite a contentious subject
If you dont have a dream how you gona have a dream come true

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:23 pm

I think you will do very well. Reiki is becoming quite popular here and aromatherapy already is.

Yes Homoeopathy is contentious but, also something that I'm quite passionate about. When you see it having an almost immediate effect especially on children & animals it can seem quite miraculous. The problems arise when you have a less than concientious practisioner or people who use it as they would allopathic medicines, as one remedy can help with a multitude of different conditions but, only if it is the right one for that person.

Good luck with your business when you get over here. Be sure to drop me a line when you do, I may be able to send some business your way.

lightangel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lightangel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:15 pm

Will do...thanks again.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:36 pm

Some herbalisteria shops rent out rooms to therapists..its a good place to start... :)
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

lightangel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lightangel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:51 pm

Hadnt thought about renting a room....definitely worth considering. Thanks

Markymark
Andalucia.com Amigo

Therapist

Postby Markymark » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:40 am

Your best bet would be to contact La Chispa (Alternative living in Andalucia) they have loads of adverts for therapy & alternative treatments, the editor is Phil email address is [email protected] They also have a newsletter so sign up & keep up to date with everything! Enjoy, I do!

gstringemo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby gstringemo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi Lightangel

Maybe you have moved out here by now but I´ve just seen your original post and thought I would put in my 4 pennyworth.

I´m a therapist offering Reflexology, Reiki (treatments and training) EFT and Autogenic Training. We run a B&B near Granada so the holidymakers staying with us have treatments but I also do home visits to Spanish and English clients.

There is definitely a need and, as in the UK, word of mouth is the best way to get the business.

For starters I would suggest you consider renting a room in an accessible location and putting leaflets out in hairdressers, beauty salons etc etc

Let me know how you get on when you are out here.

Have you decided what area of Andalucia you are moving to?
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

Happiness is a journey and not a destination.

lightangel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lightangel » Thu May 03, 2007 9:33 pm

It's been quite a while since I've visited this site so thank you both for your replies.

Markymark - I've had a browse through the 'lachispa' website and registered with them, it looks to be a really interesting and useful site.

Gstringemo - As yet I haven't moved to Spain. Autogenic training, I've just had to look that one up as I hadn't heard of it before. Renting a room initially definitely seems like a good starting point. As yet I'm still trying to decide which area to move to

gstringemo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby gstringemo » Thu May 03, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi Lightangel

I am supposing that where you actually move to will be determined in some part by whether or not you speak spanish.

If you don´t speak spanish then I would think that moving to an area where there are a good number of english speaking people would be a help, at least initially.

Unless you are intending to do a crash course in spanish, of course.....
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

Happiness is a journey and not a destination.

lightangel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lightangel » Mon May 07, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi gstringemo

I am currently studying spanish, struggling a little bit. I would much prefer to be in a more spanish speaking area - inland Malaga/Granada.

I was also wondering how I would go about getting my UK qualifications recognised and how much it would cost.[/
b]

lightangel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lightangel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:47 pm

Bit of a market research question

i. Are there any/many therapists around the Jaen area or in the Illora area?

ii. If not, would anyone be interested in complementary therapies being available.

iii) In general what is the average price charged for a treatment.

Thanks guys...your help would be greatly appreaciated

Rosie01
Andalucia.com Amigo

Fitness

Postby Rosie01 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:06 am

Hi read your adverts.

Can you help me? I'm moving to the Marbella region and will be offering personal training/ fitness classes ie legs bums and tums/aqua and also shoulder massage.

Am I like to get work? I am fully qualified with 20 years experience.

R