Trader Vic's

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Trader Vic's

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:09 am

Trader Vic's

Have heard of this rest. but never been.

Any good?

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:41 pm

Food is fab, cocktails are ace, the service is generally diabolical!!! - Unless you dress like a pompous idiot, order many bottles of champers & then the waiters are all over you (thinking they're going to get a very large tip).

We keep going for dinner hoping that the service will improve, it has yet to do so. But the Chateaubriand is so good we haven't found anywhere that cooks it better.

The Maitre'd is a complete idiot & doesn't give a damn about customer service. I complained once & was told the service was bad due to the fact he had no budget for staff & that they had major issues as they now had the two restaurants, I didn't want to know this, very unprofessional!

The Trader Vic's in Laguna Village does not have the same menu as the Marbella restaurant, i'd say it's more of a lunch place - Still the same terrible service though. Unfortunately it's the same Maitre'd for both restaurants - Obviously a second one isnt in the budget!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:05 pm

So... that's the real reason you're heading north :!:

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:15 am

Trader Vics in Marbella is, in my opinion nothing special, wherever I go to eat, I will not tolerate bad service, the best service I've had has been in Bangkok at the Marriot Spa Hotel, where, not surprisingly there is a Trader Vics, Thai service is second to none and, in General Spanish restaurant service is about fifty miles behind!

If you want good service in the Marbella/Puerto Banus area you can do a lot worse than eat at Khans in Banus, (last restaurant on the port), used to be next to Silks but has now taken over the whole corner, they really try hard there, food's great too, take a well stuffed wallet though :lol:
Ah! the full english!!

Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pigeon Tim » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:55 am

I tried Trader Vics last years and wouldn't go back, poor food, poor service at a high price. One to avoid.

In fact 95% of the restauarants on the Port are a joke.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:59 pm

I agree, it is mainly tourists who eat in the port, have you seen them queuing just to eat in Picassos? Don't mind the Trader Vic's cocktails, and the tapas.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:31 pm

Everybody queues for Picassos as its decent food and you can afford to eath there - unlike most other places on the port.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:43 pm

Pigeon Tim wrote:I tried Trader Vics last years and wouldn't go back, poor food, poor service at a high price. One to avoid.

In fact 95% of the restauarants on the Port are a joke.
You're not far off the mark there Pigeon!
Ah! the full english!!

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Tue May 01, 2007 8:39 pm

I eat out regularly and have tried many restaurants on the coast, I have to say trader vics is one of my favourites. Everything is always perfect, service can be on the slow side sometimes but no big deal, you cant compare it to anything else especially not Khans (typical indian restaurant).

Trader Vics is something special, some people are unable to appreciate this and thats a shame. Not a place for those wanting cheap oriental food.

Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pigeon Tim » Thu May 03, 2007 2:31 pm

Something special?

Blimey I wish I was that easily pleased :roll: