Eagles Country Club, Nueva Andalucia

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Eagles Country Club, Nueva Andalucia

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Thu May 10, 2007 6:48 pm

We went to this place a couple of times in the late eighties. Saw a couple of good acts. One night in the snooker room a slightly tipsy fella was doing incredible trick shots. Alex somebody. It was only years later that we learned it was the favoured watering hole of what "The Sun" would call the "Costa del Crime fraternity".. Does it still exist. Anyone ever go there?

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Thu May 10, 2007 7:12 pm

It couldn't have been Mr Higgins could it they say he likes a drink or 2 :lol: :lol:
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Thu May 10, 2007 7:44 pm

The very same

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Thu May 10, 2007 9:19 pm

Rick, that's just down the road from me, it's had about twenty owners in as many years, as far as I know it's for sale now, no customers there!
The Hurricane was a regular visitor to the costa I've seen him a few times in Puerto Cabopino, usually out of his skull, drinking neat vodka and reading a book at the bar, he wasn't particularly sociable, is he still alive?
Ah! the full english!!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Just read a biography of Alex by Bill Borrows. Good Book. Yes he's still alive. When the world championship was on last week, one of the commenttors said they had an exhibition match with him coming up.

Is that place still called the Eagles. I don't think I could find it now.

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Sat May 12, 2007 4:10 pm

It's just up from The Point and across the road in Nueva andalucia, I used to play in a band there in the eighties. Yes there were some infamous faces there most of the time. It looks closed now with a for sales sign up. Freddie Foreman used to run it back in the eighties.
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Mon May 14, 2007 8:52 pm

Are you still playing Ian?

What sort of stuff did you do.

The only band I can remember at the Eagles was Miller Anderson, who I believe played at Woodstock as part of Ansley Dunbar's Retaliation.

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Tue May 15, 2007 12:19 pm

Hi Rick,

No not really anymore it was a long time ago, we used to play with a band called Chris and The Cruiser back in the eighties, We also played a few times at Bananna Beach when it was a Sunday afternoon live music event. We only played a few Sunday nights at eagles. We played rock "freebird" by Lenard Skinnard, that type of stuff.

Oh for the old day's.

Things change but life goes on...............
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue May 15, 2007 3:34 pm

We went to Bananna beach a few times. It was Mel Williams hosting I think. Went up to the bar, asked for "coke" and was given a little tinfoil package.

only kiddin :oops:

Retro P
Resident

Re: Post

Postby Retro P » Tue May 15, 2007 7:24 pm

Rick Gale wrote:We went to Bananna beach a few times. It was Mel Williams hosting I think. Went up to the bar, asked for "coke" and was given a little tinfoil package.

only kiddin :oops:
Mels still around and doing the rounds, he has a website if you want to know what he's doing now! just google it!
Ah! the full english!!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Wed May 16, 2007 8:25 am

Thanks Ret.

Had a look at Mels web site. Very good. There are tributes to many of his friends who have passed on. Will try to get to Silks Beach next time.

Rick.

Did you see the film "Ray" last night? Thought it was great.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed May 16, 2007 11:43 am

I heard that Silks beach was closed down a few weeks ago :? maybe it's just the outside bit.