never ever eat in.....

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
frog
Resident

Re: never ever eat in.....

Postby frog » Tue May 12, 2009 3:58 am

safer to use an ironing board
jayne countys most famous song,google it

TinaTapas
Resident

Postby TinaTapas » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:12 pm

unless the person that's handling your food is also touching dog poo, you've got more to worry about in the form of germs/bad hygiene from humans rather than dogs.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:01 am

that is true but as stated on another thread there is no real training and inspections here so you are putting yourself at risc,never thought i would say it but the spanish are cleaner than the brits as they know what they are doing,there will be the odd exception tho

if you eat in a brit bar,you run the chance of getting a roast potato out of the bin when you order your sunday roast on a wednesday,you fools think the microwave rubbish you get is freshly cooked

most brit bars cant even do a toastie correctly

want me to start a list of where not to eat,i could but i guess admin may be scared
jayne countys most famous song,google it

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:02 am

never ever eat in ................... the bath, everything goes soggy and limp
never drink and drive.............. you may crash and break the bottle

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:13 pm

frank wrote: We sat at a bar in a "restaurant" and watched everything come out of the freezer, put in the sink, and "defrosted" with boiling water out of the coffee machine. A UK hygiene inspector would have a field day in Spain, I doubt there would be many "restaurants" left open! :?
Many bar/restaurants still use frozen food in the UK. Can you be sure the use of boiling water to defrost doesn't happen there too? I have had food poising in the UK and it was proven by the health people to be caused by the defrosting/reheating practices employed by the restaurant. Not pleasant on a night shift!

Many village bars in Spain that do food only use fresh food (apart from frozen chips). I know because when the run out they go to the butchers next door and get more! Seen it many times. Mind you, that doesn't guarantee the cleanliness of the kitchen.

Despite health inspectors etc I honestly believe that a lot of people think the UK is better in this respect than it actually is.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Trato Hecho
Resident

Postby Trato Hecho » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:18 pm

katy wrote:Don't ever go to Holland, they allow dogs in most restaurants there :lol: Was sat in one and realised there was a large german Shepherd some 2" from my foot, was scared to move! They do clean up the poo in the streets and parks though.
Thats put me right off going to Holland, fancy still pooing in the streets in this day and age,

you would have thought they would have learnt their lessons from the black death we had over here.

How did you know he was a german shepherd??? did he have a crook and a big sausage? :lol:

Fulham Fc

Postby Fulham Fc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:10 am

frog wrote:probably get deleted but i think people should know of bad places

i will start with 90% of brit bars,they dont have the training or equipment

not a brit bar but the buffet,don q on the seafront in fuengirola,went there for dinner,paid up front as you have to(no prob with that in a buffet) but was so disgusted with the temperature of the food, the layout of it(people picking up food with hands,no cough/sneeze barriers,food kept warm buy domestic equipment that a member of staff just turns over every now and then) i complained to the waitress and manager,they just laughed at me

when will the gullible public learn,i ate 4 lukewarm chips and some bread while i finished my costly glass of wine then went to ponchos
Yuk, i've been to that buffet place, and the food was cold,seemed busy though.

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Where and what is PONCHOS is that a bar????

Bugsbunny
Resident

Postby Bugsbunny » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:In all honesty some Spanish bar owners are their own worst enemies :?

From under the swing doors of the kitchen this scruffy little dog appears in that horrible position Spanish dogs like to pose in, i.e. rear legs splayed, front paws dragging it along with its @rse mopping the floor, it left a 7 foot Richard Wydmark from the swinging kitchen doors to our table where it looked at us in all innocence for a piece of ham
DA
DA - that made me laugh out loud. Not funny at the time but blooming hilarious now :clap:

On a more serious note, I've often wondered about the baguette type rolls (boccadillos - probably spelt wrong?) at the airport on the middle bar in the departure lounge. They look lovely but they're not refrigerated. That can't be right surely? :?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Ponchos is the best steak house in Fuengirola

Mr Paul

Postby Mr Paul » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 am

A few years back I was working in a very famous bar/restaurant in Sevilla, and the hygiene (well lack of) standards were abysmal. 1. All the chefs (bar me) permanently had a cigarette hanging out of their mouths (apart from when they took a swig of their pints). 2.There was no hot water in the kitchen, you had to pump the water out of a well when you turned the tap on. 3. The dishwasher had about 6" of food in the bottom (I don't think it ever been cleaned), when I attempted to clean it myself I was told "not to for it wasn't the chefs job", so when I asked who cleaned it I was told "I don't know!!".

Needless to say I only lasted 2 nights there.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 am

the good old days !!
did many clients die after eating there??

Trato Hecho
Resident

Postby Trato Hecho » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:29 am

I dont think any would have died after... it would have probably been instant...

Do u think its any diferent now? sounds like a tapas bar i know....

Mr Paul

Postby Mr Paul » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:54 am

Directly opposite Sevilla Fútbol Club S.A.D.

pacos
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pacos » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:49 am

costakid wrote:Ponchos is the best steak house in Fuengirola
Where is Ponchos :?:

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Do you know where The london Pub is on the seafront?
If so, then Ponchos is in the side street next to it,on the right hand side going away from the seafront.

pacos
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pacos » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:59 am

Thanks Nimrod, I know exactly where you mean, will take a look next time we are out. :thumbup:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi Pacos, let us have your thoughts once you have been to ponchos. I cant see you being dissapointed.

pacos
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pacos » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Will do, like a good steak, so will definitely give it a go.

scouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby scouser » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:20 pm

I've only just moved here six weeks ago. I've been too busy working to eat out much. I must say I'm a bit surprised at people's attitudes. If everything is so disgusting, what are all we Brits doing here?

It seems to be that Spain is pretty much as the UK was in the 50s. That golden age we keep hearing about when we could all be entrepreneurs, keep our doors unlocked, let our kids play out, and there wasn't the scourge of health and safety that the Daily Mail bangs on about on almost every page

Restaurants back in the UK can be just as disgusting but we only find out when they appear in the papers after an environmental health order is issued.

Maybe my view will be as jaded in time. I hope not.