never ever eat in.....

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
frog
Resident

never ever eat in.....

Postby frog » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:24 am

probably get deleted but i think people should know of bad places

i will start with 90% of brit bars,they dont have the training or equipment

not a brit bar but the buffet,don q on the seafront in fuengirola,went there for dinner,paid up front as you have to(no prob with that in a buffet) but was so disgusted with the temperature of the food, the layout of it(people picking up food with hands,no cough/sneeze barriers,food kept warm buy domestic equipment that a member of staff just turns over every now and then) i complained to the waitress and manager,they just laughed at me

when will the gullible public learn,i ate 4 lukewarm chips and some bread while i finished my costly glass of wine then went to ponchos
jayne countys most famous song,google it

K chameleon
Resident

Re: never ever eat in.....

Postby K chameleon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Dodgems. Especially Candyfloss, you could have your eye out.

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Mon May 04, 2009 3:41 pm

we ate in a certain buffet nr calahonda and never had such disgusting food, luke warm salmon and prawns :shock: it looked ok. loads of tourists piling up their plates everything was mixed together
it looked like a plate of sick or the contents of a rubbish bin. they all tuck in and enjoy it must show the standards of uk food. :lol:
I cant believe they are still there.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon May 04, 2009 3:58 pm

K chameleon wrote:Dodgems. Especially Candyfloss, you could have your eye out.
You are Paul Merton and I claim my 5 quid.

K chameleon
Resident

Postby K chameleon » Mon May 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Hillbilly, I am flattered :wink: (More like Mrs. Merton tho.)

scrumpygill
Tourist

Postby scrumpygill » Thu May 07, 2009 9:58 am

never eat in, i say never eat out, the standard of most bars and restaurants, english, spanish, chinese etc..are disgusting,and if gordon ramsey was to visit, there wouldn´t be anywhere to eat on the costas. The holiday makers get an upset stomach and blame the beer or believe its part of going on holiday, poor buggers, if they really knew, they wouldn´t waste there money.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu May 07, 2009 1:18 pm

oooh!Gordon Ramsey! :D
You are correct ScrumpyGill,when you live in UK, part of going on holiday is filling your case full of tablets incase you get a tummy bug..everyone knows not to drink the water from the taps,but no one thinks about the lukewarm food or hygiene standards. :shock:
My hubby says the dirtier the kitchens in the indian resturants are,the better the curry is. :shock: yuk!

scrumpygill
Tourist

Postby scrumpygill » Fri May 08, 2009 1:08 am

thankyou princess peach, these bars and so called restaurants, should be closed down immediately, everyone slags off england, but atleast the health and safety make regular visits, how many cockraoches so you think you´ve eaten since you´ve been here??? it´s a question many people should ask themselves!!

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Fri May 08, 2009 2:42 am

i think im gonna like you

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Fri May 08, 2009 2:43 am

apart from your spelling of course :twisted:

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri May 08, 2009 9:06 am

scrumpygill wrote:thankyou princess peach, these bars and so called restaurants, should be closed down immediately, everyone slags off england, but atleast the health and safety make regular visits, how many cockraoches so you think you´ve eaten since you´ve been here??? it´s a question many people should ask themselves!!
You'll definitely have a friend here in Frog! :D Agree in some respects. Someone here recently was slagging off Harvester meals in UK, and although I've only ever eaten there a few times, the quality, cleanliness etc, is streets ahead of anything I have ever experienced in the much vaunted "menu del día" type greasy spoon caffs that frequently come in for so much praise here. We sat at a bar in a "restaurant" and watched everything come out of the freezer, put in the sink, and "defrosted" with boiling water out of the coffee machine. A UK hygiene inspector would have a field day in Spain, I doubt there would be many "restaurants" left open! :?
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri May 08, 2009 9:08 am

frog wrote:apart from your spelling of course :twisted:
Yeh, but you can always correct them! :lol:
Regards, Frank

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri May 08, 2009 10:10 am

In all honesty some Spanish bar owners are their own worst enemies :?

We're sitting in what appeared to be a clean, fresh and decent bar in Velez..........no problem.
Serrano baguettes arrive along with coffee..............still no problem.
We tucks into the above.........very nice and still no problem., then.............

From under the swing doors of the kitchen this scruffy little dog appears in that horrible position Spanish dogs like to pose in, i.e. rear legs splayed, front paws dragging it along with its @rse mopping the floor, it left a 7 foot Richard Wydmark from the swinging kitchen doors to our table where it looked at us in all innocence for a piece of ham :mrgreen: ..............put us right off :evil:

DA
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

scrumpygill
Tourist

Postby scrumpygill » Fri May 08, 2009 11:06 am

That is soooo funny, :lol: i can remember when the cooks were allowed to smoke in the kitchen,i couldn´t believe my eyes watching the chef come through the swing doors with a tray of food squinting because the fag in his mouth was smoking into his eyes and all the expats waiting eagerly for their "menu-del-dia"

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri May 08, 2009 11:20 am

Devils Advocate wrote:In all honesty some Spanish bar owners are their own worst enemies :?

.put us right off :evil:

DA
We had a similar experience, eating outside in a restaurant in Ronda. Woman comes along with her mangy mutt, it proceeds to carp right outside the restuarant, a wet runny affair, and she just drags it off, spreading it across the pavement. Walks on as if it's the most natural thing in the world! :? The look on the owners face when he saw it was worth the price of the meal! But hey, we're in Spain, these things happen all the time, get used to it! :lol:
Regards, Frank

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri May 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Don't ever go to Holland, they allow dogs in most restaurants there :lol: Was sat in one and realised there was a large german Shepherd some 2" from my foot, was scared to move! They do clean up the poo in the streets and parks though.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat May 09, 2009 9:18 am

scrumpygill wrote:i can remember when the cooks were allowed to smoke in the kitchen,

they still do smoke in the kitchens in the inland resturants :(
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

scrumpygill
Tourist

Postby scrumpygill » Sat May 09, 2009 8:59 pm

that is just so out of order in this day and age(smoking in a restaurant kitchen) filthy toads(not frogs) it just confirms everything i think about these eating holes.

louise225
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby louise225 » Sun May 10, 2009 3:45 pm

the nude... especially if the plate is hot :D :lol:

K chameleon
Resident

Postby K chameleon » Sun May 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Nice one Louise :D
I'd advise wearing clothes whilst ironing too!