"Quercus" Jimera de llibar

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Bandy
Resident

"Quercus" Jimera de llibar

Postby Bandy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:52 am

This place used to be extremely good as far as I have been told but every time we tried to go there it was shut :evil: :evil: :!: :!:
Am absolutely determined to get there in August but have seen bad reports on the net......taken over by "non Spaniards" :roll: :roll: :wink: and the food has gone down the pan. :x :x
Any of the forumfoodies got any recent news on the place :?: :?:
is the sun over the yardarm yet ?

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: "Quercus" Jimera de llibar

Postby Roz » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:15 am

3 weeks ago we walked from Estacion de Benaojan with the sole intention of having our lunch there. We were surprised to say the least to find that it was shut as it is normally closed on Mondays, this was a Thursday. Friends had been there just 2 weeks before and told us that because the road from Benaojan had colapsed they had been getting very little custom and had started to offer an excellent value fixed price lunch menu. We had not heard that it had changed hands, but I will make some enquiries for you. I do hope it hasn't as we loved the food there, particularly in the winter with the big roaring fire. In case you want to ring and check this is the tel no 952 18 00 41

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks Roz [ or should I say neighbour] :?: :!: :wink:
I will give them a buzz unless others on the forum have any recent experiences of the place :?: :?:

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi Bandy,
Have you been to Quercus recently? I have tried to find out if there has been a change of ownershsip, my friends don't think it has. We are hoping to walk there a week on Friday for lunch, just hope it is open this time! Any feedback would be welcome. :)

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:46 am

Just back from Montejaque and can happily report that we had another excellent meal here again. Only problem is that we had to drive rather than walk and return by train now the line is closed for at least 3 months.

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi Roz
I hope you are well. 8)
Just back after having surveyed the devestation at our farmhouse. :evil: :x Back again on 14th Feb with my better half to buy a housefull of stuff!! :crazy: Someone passed on your regards so thanks for that, Brian or Maxine I think :?:
It seems that Quercus is going strong and really good.
The real hot place though is the restaurant in Alpenderie the name of which escapes me but we went there last year with friends and it was phenomenal!! :thumbup: :clap:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Have you two ever thought of exchanging e-mails :think: