New Indian Torre del Mar

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
casita-bonita
Resident

Re: New Indian Torre del Mar

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:18 am

El Cid wrote:PM me your lime pickle recipe and I’ll send my Mango chutney recipe.

Sid
In your inbox... Enjoy.
Regards

Bob

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:21 pm

casita-bonita wrote:Here we go again, this is the best Indian, no this is the best Indian, yada yada yada. Everybody to their own.
Quite right, Bob. Was aware of that as I wrote.
New Year's resolution: Add restaurant preferences to the long list of 'Everybody to their own'. Other items on the list include engine oil and coolant, tyres, and fuel, where it is virtually pointless to suggest what anyone should use, even if they have asked for advice.
Chris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 pm

TorreDelAguila wrote:
casita-bonita wrote:Here we go again, this is the best Indian, no this is the best Indian, yada yada yada. Everybody to their own.
Quite right, Bob. Was aware of that as I wrote.
New Year's resolution: Add restaurant preferences to the long list of 'Everybody to their own'. Other items on the list include engine oil and coolant, tyres, and fuel, where it is virtually pointless to suggest what anyone should use, even if they have asked for advice.
Nor it seems the most appropriate solution for iptv... :lolno: :lolno:

So back to Indialucia. Anybody tried it yet?
Last edited by casita-bonita on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Bob

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:36 pm

casita-bonita wrote:I make my own mango chutney and always take a jar to the Indian with me cos I refuse to eat that orange sh**e liquid that they provide with poppadoms. Likewise the lime pickle is normally not good so a jar of that goes into the wife's handbag. Both are a breeze to make.
So does the restaurant owner not mind that you take your own food items ( chutneys etc) ?

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:42 pm

casita-bonita wrote: So back to Indialucia. Anybody tried it yet?
Yes. We thought some things were quite good, others not so good. The mango chutney (not thin and runny like some other restaurants serve) and lime pickle were both nice. Onion bhajis good, vegetable samosas nice but very small portion. Chicken jalfrezi I wasn't too keen on, vegtable madras was good. We usually order one portion of rice and one naan bread to share but here the portion of rice was rather small for sharing. the naan was good, not thick and doughy. We thought the menu was not as varied as Goa Town in Nerja which is our current favourite, although the prices at Indialucia are a bit lower.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:47 pm

Pamela1 wrote:
So does the restaurant owner not mind that you take your own food items ( chutneys etc) ?
Not so far, nor has anyone tried to charge me 'corkage'...

The couple of restaurants we use regularly are used to me now. One actually asked me where my jar of chutney was when I forgot it one time.
Regards

Bob

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:07 pm

casita-bonita wrote:Here we go again, this is the best Indian, no this is the best Indian, yada yada yada. Everybody to their own. Personally I thought Taj in Torre was really poor, bland, tasteless and I could barely tell dishes apart. My opinion and I don't have to justify it. On the other hand I think some of the dishes at Jaipur or Buddha are excellent, fresh and as good as you'll get anywhere, including India where we spent a couple of months, and believe me some of the Indian food there was pretty poor whilst others were spectacularly good and a lot was mediocre.

Let's not go round and round yet again and leave thia thread as it is, comments on a new restaurant.
So you can have your say but we cant.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Absolutely not, you say as much as you wish to add, and don't interpret that as me giving you permission, which is just as crazy as your interpretation of my earlier post...
Regards

Bob

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Bob,
Please look at Forum rule 7.1, first sentence.
'Yada yada yada' etc doesn't seem to be quite how to do it, nor is outright rubbishing of others' contributions.
Chris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Yada Yada Yada is simply an alternative to etc etc etc or so on and so on, all of which save a lot of typing and are in very common use both written and verbally.

I rubbished nobody's contribution. Especially when you, the author of the post to which I responded took it in good grace and in the spirit of which it was intended. Still can't figure how that post illicited the response that was posted, which BTW I found personally offensive. I added the rider to the post as I could see the sadly obvious response of 'I don't need your permission' being posted, hence the tongue in cheek attempt to preempt it.
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:13 pm

TorreDelAguila wrote:Bob,
Please look at Forum rule 7.1, first sentence.
'Yada yada yada' etc doesn't seem to be quite how to do it, nor is outright rubbishing of others' contributions.
If you think a post breaks forum rules the correct procedure is to report it, not to take it on yourself to be a moderator.

Sid

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Farewell, everyone. Some good friends here, but the autocratic way this Forum is now run (What happened, Sid?) is now beyond the pail. If the Forum can't follow its own rules, then there is no future in it for me. You can sleep easy now - one less rational voice to deal with.

Please delete all 1356 of my posts.
Chris

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:01 am

Went to the restaurant yesterday for lunch.
Friendly owner, nice outside terrace for eating out on a warmer day.
Spacious inside.
Service good.
Fairly standard menu and about average prices.
Food was OK, nice tender chunks of lamb and nice soft nan breads.
To me the food was average, had better elsewhere.
Probably go again in warmer weather to sit outside but wouldn't go there just for the food.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris