El Ingenio

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
firsttango
Andalucia Guru

El Ingenio

Postby firsttango » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Briefly noticed a food outlet at El Ingenio (not seen it before) that does Thai Street Food called PadThaiWok. Has anyone tried it and if so is it worth a "pit stop" whilst there?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: El Ingenio

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:23 pm

I noticed it too this week but there were no menus anywhere that I could see which isn't good for potential customers as there should be one outside on view. I Googled them and found a website which lists their dishes which look quite nice, but still couldn't find prices. I'm there again next week so may have a chance of trying it.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:58 pm

padthaiwok is fantastic, if a little pricey. theres one in fuengerola... its never full..
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:26 pm

Seems to be a lot of Chinese and Thai around. Nice choice of Spanish here. Hope there is not a paywall. How to eat like the Spanish in London....at a price of course.

https://life.spectator.co.uk/articles/h ... f54a687546

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:42 pm

Funny how many of those expensive and fashionable-looking restaurants are in what used to be such rundown areas when I lived there. South London was never sought after.

I'm going to try out the Thai on Friday .... my OH is very wary of Thai food as we don't like chili, so I shall see how I get on sharing a meal with my friend. There may be something mild enough for me to cope with.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:35 am

Tried the PadThaiWok last week and my friend and I shared a couple of veggie spring rolls and their chicken satay salad which was huge. The salad was very nice although I couldn't actually detect satay sauce. It seemed to be in a mild creamy curry mayo type of sauce, but I'd have it again as it had fresh veg and pineapple in it rather than tinned stuff that you sometimes get. The noodle dishes other people were having looked good too.