No covid passport for Andalucian night clubs

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

No covid passport for Andalucian night clubs

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:55 am

https://www.rt.com/news/531387-spain-an ... passports/

Another nail in the coffin for Spain's lethal injection roll-out.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: No covid passport for Andalucian night clubs

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:21 am

I've copied this from my posting on the Amigo's Lounge as this is relevant to this thread.

Interesting information hidden in this article:

http://www.surinenglish.com/local/20210 ... 95149.html

The legality of the measure is still not entirely clear, however. The High Court in the Canaries last week suspended a similar requirement brought in by the authority on the islands. There, a European Covid passport or a negative test was to be demanded from anyone going inside bars, restaurants and other indoor spaces such as gyms. The court based its decision on a precedent set by the Constitutional Court and the European Court of Human Rights, which consider that health information is part of the right to privacy.

I'm surprised more countries haven't made this ruling as I believe Italy and France have introduced this need to show the EU Covid Passport (which is not just for vaccines) in order to enter bars etc, which has prompted demonstrations.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:27 pm

Beachcomber - I have not liked the tone you have adopted about the vaccination programme since the beginning of the pandemic, as I previously had great respect for your knowledge on other subjects.
Sadly you now bring to mind the highly-intelligent anti-vaxxer who has just died from Covid in the UK - I hope you do not suffer the same fate, but hope you do not live to regret spreading your unscientific opinion and killing innocent followers.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/anti ... 49524.html
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:05 pm

There comes to my mind the thousands of people who have died from being injected and the tens of thousands more who have suffered serious adverse effects many of them life changing.

My opinions are shaped by the hundreds of respected and highly qualified doctors and scientists, including vaccinologists and immunologists, who have put their heads above the parapet and warned about the dangers of the injection doing so at risk of losing their jobs and reputations.

I shall continue to present an alternative view to the daily diet of lies and propaganda pumped out by politicians and mainstream media.

You have the right to choose to be injected and I have the right not to so please do not presume to criticise my 'tone'.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:27 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:05 pm There comes to my mind the thousands of people who have died from being injected and the tens of thousands more who have suffered serious adverse effects many of them life changing.

My opinions are shaped by the hundreds of respected and highly qualified doctors and scientists, including vaccinologists and immunologists, who have put their heads above the parapet and warned about the dangers of the injection doing so at risk of losing their jobs and reputations.

I shall continue to present an alternative view to the daily diet of lies and propaganda pumped out by politicians and mainstream media.

You have the right to choose to be injected and I have the right not to so please do not presume to criticise my 'tone'
Exactly! :clap:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:34 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:27 pm Beachcomber - I have not liked the tone you have adopted about the vaccination programme since the beginning of the pandemic, as I previously had great respect for your knowledge on other subjects.
Sadly you now bring to mind the highly-intelligent anti-vaxxer who has just died from Covid in the UK - I hope you do not suffer the same fate, but hope you do not live to regret spreading your unscientific opinion and killing innocent followers.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/anti ... 49524.html

"Killing innocent followers".......any evidence of this outrageous statement?

"unscientific opinion".............examples please if not an apology or retraction for this statement as Beachcomber has always backed up his posts with links to Scientific data and relevant medical professionals.

Oh FYI

https://thecovidblog.com/2021/07/26/jor ... mment-4271

https://thecovidblog.com/2021/08/03/max ... injection/

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:54 pm

I think the most important point is that we should have the right to choose whether or not to have the jab, for whatever reasons. I know of many people that have had it purely because they want to travel more easily which to me is a bit scary, and I object to the blackmailing attitude of governments with their threats of not being able to basically live a normal and free life unless you jab. If it was something like Ebola I could perhaps understand it more, but I still feel that the elderly and vulnerable should be the ones that really need to be protected as in the 'flu jab.

Whilst the EU Covid passport also includes details of negative tests and whether you have had Covid, it is unreasonable to keep needing to test as they are only valid for a couple of days in order to enter a bar etc.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:56 pm

We were talking about this subject. There is now that much info out there from experts that you can prove black is white, the moon is located near the Orkneys and that Elvis is alive( still).

I expressed my concerns about freedoms and rights of having to have a green passport ,when they were first mooted ,or whatever they are called to show you have been vaccinated just so you can go in a bar, restaurant, cinema etc. Totally barmy. When all sad and done, the vaccines dont stop you getting Covid and dying just apparently you get it less severely and transmit it less freely - Allegedly. Plenty of folk actually on the streets protesting about their introduction across Europe. We are very rapidly heading towards state control of individuals just like China already very very efficiently does.

Having said that, I weighed up the pros and cons and had the vaccine despite living a fairly remote lifestyle. Mainly so I can travel but shan’t be going on a plane as first choice. Haven’t seen friends and family in the UK for a while. Have two friends who have heart problems. Plus OH has underlying health issues and if vaccine reduces chances then that is good enough for me.

Back on the subject of passports for Andalucian night clubs ( but later no doubt extended to bars, restaurants etc as per other EU countries) how will it work? At what point is your initial vaccination time expired. Who is going to actually check them and enforce them? How will they tell they aren’t counterfeit? Has anyone over 65 received their unsolicited paper copy showing they are vaccinated?

We will continue to exercise common sense. Socially distance.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:50 pm

olive wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:56 pm We were talking about this subject. There is now that much info out there from experts that you can prove black is white, the moon is located near the Orkneys and that Elvis is alive( still).

I expressed my concerns about freedoms and rights of having to have a green passport ,when they were first mooted ,or whatever they are called to show you have been vaccinated just so you can go in a bar, restaurant, cinema etc. Totally barmy. When all sad and done, the vaccines dont stop you getting Covid and dying just apparently you get it less severely and transmit it less freely - Allegedly. Plenty of folk actually on the streets protesting about their introduction across Europe. We are very rapidly heading towards state control of individuals just like China already very very efficiently does.

Having said that, I weighed up the pros and cons and had the vaccine despite living a fairly remote lifestyle. Mainly so I can travel but shan’t be going on a plane as first choice. Haven’t seen friends and family in the UK for a while. Have two friends who have heart problems. Plus OH has underlying health issues and if vaccine reduces chances then that is good enough for me.

Back on the subject of passports for Andalucian night clubs ( but later no doubt extended to bars, restaurants etc as per other EU countries) how will it work? At what point is your initial vaccination time expired. Who is going to actually check them and enforce them? How will they tell they aren’t counterfeit? Has anyone over 65 received their unsolicited paper copy showing they are vaccinated?

We will continue to exercise common sense. Socially distance.
As per Beachcombers post and link that started this thread above, in Andalucia the plan has been rejected

https://www.rt.com/news/531387-spain-an ... passports/

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:06 pm

My OH (under 65 years old) has had the jab and he was able to download a paper copy of the certificate from the Clicsalud site. He also had the QR code but the site on the phone keeps signing out so we've just taken a screenshot of that.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:47 am

Constitutions are different in different countries so different countries can or cannot do certain things

In the UK Scotland had a legal referendum based on Governmental democracy. In Spain this is not possible because changes to the constitution have to go through a process, including a high percentage voting for the change in a referendum and that is after having a two thirds vote in favour within parliament. All sides claim this is democratic or undemocratic depending on their viewpoint, which usually depends on whether it is in their favour or not.

In France it might be the case that the passport system they have introduced will be contested in the courts and deemed illegal or legal within the current constitutional laws. Contrary to the opinions that governments are working to debase democracy, this is democracy at work with the checks and balances which underpins it.

Governments will try to get away with all sorts of stuff but they must stay within the law. We have also seen court decisions going against Trump and the UK government during Brexit.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:32 pm

Downloaded our vaccine passports last night. Quite straightforward. Was going to print off too but our hard copies arrived unsolicited as promised in the post. :thumbup:

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:19 pm

Got my second vaccine here in Dublin and got my Digital Passport two days later by email. I've used it for travel to Switzerland and being in the EU we don't need PCR tests to enter or leave countries using the Digital Passport. For the record Ireland has passed out the UK for fully vaccinated adults (per cent of population) and while Delta has increased here vaccinated people entering hospital have a much shorter stay in hospital and not needing ventilators.
42,000 12 to 15 year old's signed up today for vaccination so thankfully the Irish don't get their medical information from "Internet Blogs & Social Media" like some posters here. I'm amazed that moderators here allow the OP to use the term "Spain's lethal injection roll-out" but would have a tizzy fit if I advertised something for sale here.
I don't have any issue with a court finding the digital pass / nightclub entry issue invalid as it proves that a democracy is still working and even protecting the deluded one's that believe the vaccine roll out is "Genocide" :crazy: :crazy:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:10 am

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:32 pm

It is ridiculous that we still have such an invasive method of testing after all these months. Never mind the price differences within some countries.

Thankfully a breathaliser type test is being developed. About time if dogs can sniff out humans with Covid.

Still a very long way to go for very low cost, effective tests to be universally available.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:04 pm

No point in covid passports whatsoever, the delta varient has made them a complete shambles due to vaccinated people having the same viral load as unvaccinated people so those passports are nigh on useless.