Marbella Belles

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Paula
Andalucia Guru

Marbella Belles

Postby Paula » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:52 pm

Who watched it? How bad was that :shock: I have to say I laughed out loud at the girl singing in Reginas at her birthday party :D

And before you say anything Peteroldracer :D , whilst puerto banus attracts many of the type of "lady" shown, I thankfully wouldn´t say that they were typical of Marbella.

And while I´m on a *beep* roll, the awful one with the baby, 38 ??????

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:02 am

whilst puerto banus attracts many of the type of "lady" shown, I thankfully wouldn´t say that they were typical of Marbella.
oh not sure about that... - certainly typical of front line in the Port :lol:

I can understand the woman with the nail bar - thats obviously good publicity for the shop. BUT the one you talk about who couldn't string a sentence together without beeping every other word :roll: and was so proud of her ability of spend hubbys money on herself...... :oops:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Marbella Belles

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:35 am

Paula wrote:And before you say anything Peteroldracer :D ,
:D :D :D :D

I did so enjoy katy doing the karaoke.........
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:25 am

Careful Peter :lol: Seriously though, what an inane programme and I think they said it will be on for 6 weeks :!: Didn't they all look old and ugly for their age :!: :shock:

As for the one who had the nanny, her husband was supposed to be loaded, but they seemed to be in some bog standard apartment with a tiny kitchen! It smacked of a rental property to me and they all were around community pools (not that there is anything wrong with a community pool) but if you are loaded and live here all the time the majority don't do community pools.

There are people like that here but definately not representative of marbella, still average person wouldn't get involved in a Tv show. Haven't been to Reginas for some years but it used to be a nice place, must have changed hands :roll:

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:00 pm

I agree that none seem to be ageing too well :lol:

Reginas I believe is still owned by the sister/daughter?? of the guys that own Villa Tiberio and Val Paraiso. I was last there a year ago and food still good. But as with all good or overpriced restaurants on the coast they will attract the Marbella Belles.

Actually I did find it funnier than a lot of comedys on TV at the moment, and am quite looking forward to the next one. :oops:

jennym
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jennym » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:49 pm

I agree with all the above comments and was cringeing watching it!
Anybody who knows them from the UK must have been cringeing too - especially the one with the poor little baby - people with money DO NOT act like that in anyway what so ever. Talk about making yourself look as common as muck on national TV. All they wanted was a bit of advertising and their 5 minutes of fame!
If a pathalogical liar tell you he is lying, do you believe him?

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:00 pm

Unfortunately Jenny, there are lots of people with money that do act like that. Money doesn´t necessarily mean class, manners or respectability. :?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:32 pm

I agree but they didn't seem to me to be actually loaded, more show-offs. If it is on for 6 weeks (incredible as it seems) take a close look at the property they were in.

There are a lot of people who are not what they seem to be.
We knew a couple for over a year, they had good parties, fantastic house. She had the habit of not carrrying cash and "forgetting" her bank pin code. so she borrowed small amounts. When they were evicted from their "home" for not paying rent for over a year everyone was suprised as we thought they owned it. Last I heard they were living in a small townhouse and owing all their previous friends money.

I find though that the majority of people in marbella (rich and not so rich) do conduct themselves properly.

I keep expecting a post on here saying "Hey Katy that wuz me you are calling old and ugly"

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:39 pm

katy wrote: I keep expecting a post on here saying "Hey Katy that wuz me you are calling old and ugly"
I would think that they are far too busy t1ttivating and forgetting their baby's names to risk ruining their nails on a computer keyboard!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

malagaman2005
Resident

Re: Marbella Belles

Postby malagaman2005 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:40 pm

[/quote]And while I´m on a *beep* roll, the awful one with the baby, 38 ??????[/quote]

38 my ar8e, and what about " my hubby came into a bit of money" a bank blagging back in Essex springs to mind !!!!
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:06 pm

Marbella Belle - Aged 38 available for cyber romance.....

jennym
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jennym » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Fair dinkum Paula, that is true what you say but, what I meant was 'well bred people with money' would not behave in such a foul mouthed common way like the one did with the baby.

She thought that by pretending everything was such an 'effort' i.e not changing her baby's nappy and letting her 'nanny' do it, made her look as though she was so bone idle rich that she could pay for anything to be done when and where she wanted. Even mega mega mega rich people dont act like she did do they?

I wonder if any of them are members of A.com lol - I hope so!
If a pathalogical liar tell you he is lying, do you believe him?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

marbella

Postby Julie » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:45 pm

The thing that was quickly evident about the dirty mouthed woman was that she was a 10 bob millionaire, sad really :(

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Re: marbella

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:05 am

Julie wrote:a 10 bob millionaire, :(
Not heard that expression. What does it mean?

My uncle used to call folk who made a vulgar show of having a few bob, "Beggars on Horseback"

I didn't understand that either.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:45 am

I feel sorry for poor Alfie who will now be the laughing stock of his school!

TC
Tourist

Postby TC » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:30 am

Alfie needs to get his hair cut !!!!! :D
grass is always greener

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:17 am

Oh how I wish I had watched it now! I decided against it as, having lived in ESSEX! all my life prior to Spain (NOT Marbella I might add!! :wink: ), I have seen it all before and needed NO reminding of the antics of wannabe middle class-working class gals!!

I do find it oh so funny though, when people act like this and are instantly referred to as 'Essex commoners'! I personally take no offence as I know exactly what they mean and have to laugh with them!! :lol: :lol:
Donna

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:20 am

stellastaff wrote: middle class-working class gals!!
I fear that you are putting them far too high up the scale.......
Fur coat and no knickers, the lot of them!

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:23 am

mmmm, you could be right there! However I did say WANNABE! Certainly not WILLBE!! Or even COULDBE!!! :lol:
Donna