New cabaret club

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
alaninspain
Resident

New cabaret club

Postby alaninspain » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:47 pm

I have found a new one, Dalton ( ex Waterfront Fuengirola ) is now at Daltons Route 66 on the road from Fuengirola towatds Mijas, near the Peugot Garage. We went last night for the first time and it was the best night out for years, very busy, Dalton & Ricky Lavazza were the entertainment. Good music and very funny. Got home about 3.30 this morning, kn******d but happy. :D

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:27 pm

I haven't been around there for a while, sounds good, is it by any chance behind the tennis club on the left hand side?
Ah! the full english!!

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:54 pm

I'm sorry I can't help, it was dark when I got there and when I left it might have been a night club, cabaret club or the pudding club for all I remember. I will try to look tomorrow and let you know. :)

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:38 pm

Sometimes i wish i was a man.....................(did i say that out loud?)
anyway, anyway, love from me.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:27 pm

Retro, I went back this afternoon and could not find a tennis club at all. It is between the N340 and the AP7 heading north towards Mijas, and is above Buggys Gym & Bar and just before you reach the Peugot garage.
Now that I have recovered from the last visit I started singing the Johnnie Nash Number " I can see clearly now" . Or was it Stevie Wonder? Time for another lie down I think :wink: :?

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:34 pm

Hmm! I must be thinking of somewhere else.
Ah! the full english!!

sassy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sassy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:08 pm

it must have been dark when you were there Alan, because the tennis courts can be seen from the outside terrace of the restaurant, just beyond the swimming pool! :lol:

ex patriot 66
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ex patriot 66 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:01 pm

some people we know went to a karaoke night there last week and there was only four people there :(

sunnysideup

Re: New cabaret club

Postby sunnysideup » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi .reader
would anyone know if this venue or simular would be interested in a new face in the caberet scene just to make a change for the clientle once in a while to listen to.I say new face not so young face as i am looking for new venues to perform I am a versatile guitar vocalist 50's 60's 70' 80's 90's and never try to emulate voices as i am influenced by too many artistes to characterise .
tons of experience .

Andy

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Re:

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm

alaninspain wrote:Retro, I went back this afternoon and could not find a tennis club at all. It is between the N340 and the AP7 heading north towards Mijas, and is above Buggys Gym & Bar and just before you reach the Peugot garage.
Now that I have recovered from the last visit I started singing the Johnnie Nash Number " I can see clearly now" . Or was it Stevie Wonder? Time for another lie down I think :wink: :?

Al, I like that song, and I know how it came about.

This fella was going out with a girl called Lorraine Lee. However he realy fancied her sister, Claire.
One day Lorraine anounced that she was moving to Australia for a new job. Fella didn't want to go, so she went on her own.

So fella said

"I can see Claire Lee, now Lorraine has gone"

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Admin. Can you penalise Rick in some way for the quality, or lack,of it, of his humour. Some of it is fine, but others are designed to produce groans all along the costa. A verbal leg smacking would be just the thing. :lol: :lol:
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:09 pm

As some of you must be aware Daltons Club is no more, but he is still appearing on the Costa circuit. If you are looking for a good old rock and roll night look out for him.
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 pm

How about this Alan

Two fellas go for a picnic. Fred notices Brian has his food in a strange container. Brian says the container is an insulated box that keeps hot food hot and cold food cold.
Next picnic, Fred says he's got an insulated box too.
What you got in it?, says Brian

Hot meat pie and a block of ice cream, says Fred.

Pathetic, ain't it.

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:28 pm

This was very funny,"I can see Claire Lee, now Lorraine has gone" but Rick, forget the Brian jokes, ha ha ha