60s event Almunecar

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

60s event Almunecar

Postby Mariposa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:02 am

On Saturday 6 th October there is an all day event at the Casa de Cultura in Almunecar ( near the Church )in aid of the local cancer support group. The programme is:
1pm Fashion show cost 2 euros
2-7 Exhibition about the 60s , Films...Summer Holiday and a Hard Days Night. Film quiz. Folk music and Children's activities . Free
7pm on, Concert with Chamaelion, Nash Choir, Tony Turner, poetry from 60s and a short play with projections about recollections of those days! 3 euros.
Come and relive your youth! Or alternatively find out why your older relatives are so whacky!

Sandramay
Resident

Re: 60s event Almunecar

Postby Sandramay » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:18 pm

:wave: I hope everything went off well? Did you manage to find some young thespians? If the event was as enjoyable as the dance festival it would have been fun. Sorry I wasn't there, but was busy here having some trees felled and topped. Shame I can't give you the logs.
Sandramay

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Re: 60s event Almunecar

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:17 pm

I would have loved that. Apparently the 60s was one long bonking party. Unfortunately I wasn't invited. During my years at London University, while my fellow students were protesting in Grosvenor Square, I was busy sourcing biege vee necked jumpers from M and S. I did once take a peek at Carnaby Street though.

The films would have been good. I watched Magical Mystery Tour last week. I cringed and was baffled by the whole thing.

I am currently a member of a 60s covers band, so there is still hope.

thank you.