Bruce Springsteen and the E street band

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Manchesteral
Resident

Bruce Springsteen and the E street band

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:34 pm

I am reeling ! either my interpretation of the currency exchange is wrong or Bruce is getting greedy, I've seen the E street band a number of times in my life and always had a great experience, at my time of life (now 71) I decided to book a ticket for next years performance in Gothenburg, Sweden for what may be my last shot at a red hot concert, they are asking 350 euros for a ticket for Saturdays performance.
A flight from Helsinki to Gothenburg is around 200 euros plus around 500 for a couple of nights in a hotel plus beers and food etc, around 1200 for a two night stay, am I crazy ??

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Bruce Springsteen and the E street band

Postby costakid » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:38 pm

I wouldn’t pay it but as you say your 71 so if you can afford it why not.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:10 pm

No pockets in a shroud

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:40 pm

It's good value if you think it will be an unforgettable experience. For me I wouldn't pay that much to see Bruce as I'm not his biggest fan.
However, Imagine not taking up the opportunity to see Elvis, Pink Floyd, The Beatles or Marvin Gaye before they or some members of the band had passed.

The memories and experience would be priceless so if I were you, if you can afford it, I would go for it.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:05 pm

Thanks, your collective thoughts and opinions are nosing me one click closer to booking.

I remember missing out on the chance to see the Maestro, signor Pavarotti, in Modena some years ago thinking that I could always catch him at a later date, of course I regret that decision now !

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:12 pm

Between 1980 and 2000 I witnessed "The Boss" in concert well in excess of 100 times (part of my job at the time), no two shows were the same but each and everyone was an event all on its own and I urge you to go book, you'll not regret it.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:00 pm

I was at a Rolling Stones concert in Edinburgh a couple of yrs ago, stood next to a family who travelled all the way from Argentina to watch it..If you really like Bruce then why not..Time is short so go for it.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:49 pm

I would go for it if money isn't a problem .... you only live once! We saw Elton in Malaga a few years back and the prices were reasonable (about 60€ I think) and it was in a fairly small sports arena. It was great and I wish more would come to Malaga to entertain us. I was looking at tickets for Queen in July in Madrid but there's hardly any left and those that are are 119€ and almost behind the stage. I miss all the concerts we used to go to at the Ipswich Regent .... Level 42 were our favourites, plus all the plays I used to see there and at the Colchester theatre ..... something I still miss.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:03 pm

We do get the opportunity to see decent bands for free in Spain during Fiestas
I’ve seen the Pet shop boys, Earth Wind and Fire, Travis , Crowded House, The Waterboys and ELO amongst others, all for nothing.
Last edited by markwilding on Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:06 pm

You're lucky Mark, nothing like that around here unfortunately.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:47 am

I am edging closer to committing myself to this, when I pop my clogs the taxman will take his share so tomorrow I will have a final look then make my decision and maybe deny the taxman of a few bob !

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:07 pm

Ha...good thinking!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:50 pm

I don’t like the huge stadium concerts. Since the 90s most have been disappointment. Saw Elton John at the bullring Puerto Banus. Seemed rude and disinterested. Whitney Houston just belted out a couple of lines of each song and had her family on stage. I like Live Opera.
Years ago saw Stevie Wonder in a small setting and he was great. Don’t think I would pay to see any of the oldies now.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:58 pm

katy wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:50 pm I don’t like the huge stadium concerts. Since the 90s most have been disappointment. Saw Elton John at the bullring Puerto Banus. Seemed rude and disinterested. Whitney Houston just belted out a couple of lines of each song and had her family on stage. I like Live Opera.
Years ago saw Stevie Wonder in a small setting and he was great. Don’t think I would pay to see any of the oldies now.
Ah but Katy, you have to book tickets at the front, When I saw the Rolling stones in Helsinki some years ago I was right in front of Keef and he winked at me (ok, maybe it was my delicious partner) nevertheless it's not worth it for me if I have to be with the hoi palloi :lolno: !

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:53 am

I haven’t as much money as you :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:44 am

Manchesteral wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:58 pm
katy wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:50 pm I don’t like the huge stadium concerts. Since the 90s most have been disappointment. Saw Elton John at the bullring Puerto Banus. Seemed rude and disinterested. Whitney Houston just belted out a couple of lines of each song and had her family on stage. I like Live Opera.
Ah but Katy, you have to book tickets at the front, When I saw the Rolling stones in Helsinki some years ago I was right in front of Keef and he winked at me (ok, maybe it was my delicious partner) nevertheless it's not worth it for me if I have to be with the hoi palloi :lolno: !
We saw the Stones at the old Wembley Stadium years back and that was awful. The stage was miles off and the screens weren't in sync with the music. That's why I used to like the local concerts in the small venues in town. We obviously haven't got as much money as you either :lol:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:37 pm

Saw the Stones at Wembley in 1995. I was a guest of BMW and we had the full monty of a box. The view was awesome, I wasn’t even a Stones fan until that day.
A bonus that day Johnny Herbert won the British F1 GP

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:50 pm

The Stones are amazing live,my daughter wasn't a fan when she came along with me a couple of years ago and she loved it..I've seen them several times including one occasion in America in Houston, that was inside a venue which for me wasn't the same as being on a football pitch, i always preferred to be on the pitch and get there early to get a good spot,having said that i'm older now and maybe i'd prefer a seat. :lol:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:05 am

Bruce is in Barcelona next year.
Might be cheaper than going to Sweden.
https://www.entradas.com/noapp/artist/b ... 2cc94efa10
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:09 am

gerryh wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:05 am Bruce is in Barcelona next year.
Might be cheaper than going to Sweden.
https://www.entradas.com/noapp/artist/b ... 2cc94efa10
Cheers
Gerry
Yes, I've looked at that Gerry, the problem is that with the horrendous situations regarding flying there is no guarantee that I could actually get there, if the flight is delayed or worse canclled then the whole thing falls to pieces at leats I know I can definitely get to Sweden with minimum fuss, flying or going by ferry is easy and stress free, one can even drive there (if one has the fortitude) !