Moving to Malaga from Germany

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
HadamarMan

Moving to Malaga from Germany

Postby HadamarMan » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:32 pm

Hi guys. My wife and I carefully packed up our house in Germany last year and decided to wander Europe in search of a new home. We've settled on Malaga and are now trying to move our stuff from our storage unit near Frankfurt. I've gotten quotes in the €10,000 range to bring our stuff to Spain but it seems to me a lot since it's mostly packed. I remember hearing a few years ago about some website where you can hook up with shippers who are traveling in your direction with an empty truck. Has anyone done this? Does anybody else have creative ideas about how to ship stuff? It's really not a classical moving job as it's mostly organized and packed. We just need it moved. Any advice from anybody would be much appreciated.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Moving to Malaga from Germany

Postby Enrique » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:30 pm

Hi HadamarMan.
Welcome to The Forum...................

I was going to recommend jimbothescot.......... I've just spocken to him and he has just retired.

so you're back to Google search................ :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:03 am

Shipping costs have rocketed. A friend used to pay 1800 USD from the far east to the UK and is now paying 12000 USD. All these increases blamed on covid. 10K does sound a lot from Germany to Spain though. Google something like empty legs shipping.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:05 pm

Many years ago i used anyvan.com. You have to list your items and then wait for quotes from a pool of van owners. I shipped a solid wood 12 seater garden table and 12 chairs, 6 sunbeds, 4 large parasols and their bases.It was quite a substancial weight.It was at a bargain price of £250, those were the days.

HadamarMan

Postby HadamarMan » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:15 pm

thanks for the useful information!