Courier of a large motorcycle engine from the UK to Spain

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Courier of a large motorcycle engine from the UK to Spain

Postby olive » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:23 pm

Has anyone any suggestions or experience for how to get a large object like a motorcycle engine from the Midlands to Spain please?

It isn't in pristine cleanliness but shouldn't leak fluids but knowing my luck it probably would!

It isn't urgent.

Would a company like UPS touch it? Presumably I would have to collect from one of their depots as I remember previously people having problems with campo addresses.

olive

Jennifer
Resident

Postby Jennifer » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi Olive,
I've used the following link to get car parts from UK, boxed them up ,weight and size and picked a service.

http://www.interparcel.com/services.php

I've had UPS deliver bike frames (boxed) as well ,they have been the only company that have delivered to my door out in the Campo.

Regards
J

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:09 pm

i had an engine / 1m2 crate delivered from the uk for €100, from london to fuengerola via a removal company.

j4mes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby j4mes » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:45 pm

i do the same as spanish lad.....had argos deliver a trampoline to a local removals co that come here (wolf they are called...great bunch).....Argos delivery was free and the guys at wolf simply put it on the next lorry to marbella...100 pounds for the trampoline, 80 pounds to get it here....same trampoline here was 500-600 euros!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:21 pm

You could give Big Col a call he sems to have a good rep.
Ah! the full english!!

robperrie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby robperrie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:56 am

well, big Col i thought was good,,i gave his email to my mum for moving to spain,,and after 2 emails since last wed, still no reply, so i cant think why a good rep when he doesnt reply..

robperrie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby robperrie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:57 am

got it wrong,,also sent him a email 2 weeks ago,,still not heard anything,,anyone else know a good removel firm,,

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:28 am

try motor movers. they are fuengirola but they collect all over spain and the uk. £550 to ship a C3 from Spain, door to door.

Jennifer
Resident

Postby Jennifer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:36 am

Hi robperrie,
Sorry to hear you have not made contact with Big Col, we have been in contact over the past two weeks , no problem , we used

[email protected]

Link will give full email address :?

and Kelly has been very helpful.
Regards
J

robperrie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby robperrie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:31 pm

cheers,,,my mum sent amail to a post of here b4,,,so trying that,,want to get rid of her asap,,only joking

Big Col
Andalucia.com Amigo

courier of bike to Spain

Postby Big Col » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi Robperrie.

Sorry to here that you feel as though we have not responded to you mums email.

Could you please pm your details. I.e collection/delivery details and if full or part load removal.

We reply to all e-mail enquiries so if I have received an e-mail from your mum I would have replied.We are proud to say that we always return phone call and emails,

The best e-mail address is enquiries@.

If you wish please pm your phone number and I will return the call saving your bill Please contact us straight away.
contact us on 958737122

All the best Colin

Big Col
Andalucia.com Amigo

courier of bike to Spain

Postby Big Col » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:37 pm

Hi there Robperrie

Just for information, thank you for your phone call today, as discussed we did receive a email from your mother and did reply. We have emailed you the original email and reply, inc dates and times.

We have also returned your phone call today and you were out cycling. :) Many thanks for letting us know you will be deleting your postings, regarding non comunication, we really are sorry that you thought we were ignoring you, but it seems as though a email has gone astray, although we have it confirmed that it was sent.

We will ring you again within the hour.
Many thanks, again I will ring again you shortly

All the best

Kelly x