Removals Please be aware

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Big Col
Andalucia.com Amigo

Removals Please be aware

Postby Big Col » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:13 am

Happy new year to All

I have been emailed and Pmed abouth Removal companys who after aggreeing a deposit, and the balance of monies on completion of removal, Once they have your home contents they demand the balance before delivery of peoples belongings.

If you enter a contract verbal or better in writting, make sure the company keep to it .

Below is a reply that i sent back to a member of this forum only last week,

Hi Thank you for your PM,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your removal company.

We as a family business,only ask for payment in full,only once the removal has been completed in full.

If you paid 50% up front and the remainder of the monies to be paid on delivery this is what i would expect of a larger company. I do not know or even begin to wonder!! why any company offering any service would want full payment before the job is even completed.!!

If you have a contract or verbal contract re payment i would stick to it and would again approach the removal co to fulfill their part.

By way of your email you know what is morally right or wrong,
and if this company sticks out for full payment before delivery they have got you by the short and curlys and your belongings you may have to bite the bullet and pay.
I personally think its a disgrace that this company has put you into this position.Moving is stress full enough without this sort of treatment.

I'm sorry i could not be of any help, if you need any more advice please feel free to contact me anytime.

If you be so kind if you could post this problem on the forum it may warn other folks that sometimes bigger is not better.It all about service and I'm afraid that customer service is not high on their agenda. We as a family business would or could not last if we treated customers that way.

all the best hope you will sort it out in the end Big Col

Ive put the above on the forum because some folks are being forced to pay the whole amount of a removal before the whole job has been completly finised even if they unhappy.

Please be awarel

Big Col

JJ
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Removals Please be aware

Postby JJ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:56 pm

Big Col wrote:Happy new year to All

Ive put the above on the forum because some folks are being forced to pay the whole amount of a removal before the whole job has been completly finised even if they unhappy.

Please be awarel

Big Col
This happened to us over 3 years ago when we moved here. The company we used went bankrupt, we didn't know where our belongings were and, when we eventually found them, we had to then pay another company to get them to us. In retrospect, we could have left everything in England and bought new in Spain for the amount of money it cost us. My biggest worry was losing things that meant something to us.

As Big Col says, 'Please be aware!'

JJ