We're on our way!!

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Zofia
Resident

We're on our way!!

Postby Zofia » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:29 am

Well, after 7 years of having a holiday home, and 3 years after making the decision to move to Andalucia permanently, we have now bought our Cortijo for reform and are making the move in just over 3 weeks time. We'll be living in the 'holiday home' (it's in quotes as it long ceased being a hoiday home, rather our second home) for a few month, while the other one is being made habitable. The boys start the local village school on the 24th March, and some of our furniture will be brought over some time after mid-May (when the rental of our UK home ends), the rest will go into storage until the cortijo is ready.

My job, which I do from home will continue as normal (my employers are happy with that), and OH will continue to do his reasonably intermittent freelance work in the UK, commuting as and when.

I'm sure I will be full of questions (have already asked loads on here in the last few months!). Am looking forward to finally being a proper full-time Andalucian resident.

andymc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby andymc » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:33 pm

good luck, sure beats having to scrape the ice off the car windows every morning lol, hope all goes well :D

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Good luck and good wishes Zofia, it sounds like you have thought out your permanent move thoroughly. and I hope you will be very happy.
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ht006d5256 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Ice the only ice I have seen is in my whiskey and lemonade, all the best for your new life here in Andalucia be as happy as we are
Howard

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:22 pm

Lemonade in your whisky ? Disgusting. Perhaps a little Highland Spring water, but no lemonade. :cry: :)
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:19 pm

Good luck Zofia. You certainly seem to have planned everything very well and thought it all through, and lucky to be able to work from home too! My friend in France has the same arrangement and it works really well for her. Hope it all goes well for you :wink:

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Best of luck with it all and I hope your boys settle in school really quickly, I'm sure they will :D

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:34 pm

I leave the house at 6.30 am, and since the 1st January can count on one hand the times ( this morning by the way, one ) I have had to scrape ice off the car.

Whether it is Global Warming or not, the old fashioned winter seems to have disappeared.

anyroads.

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:01 am

HI

well if global warming is working in your area it sure hasn't been in this area of Canada. We have more snow than I have seen in a long time (20 or so years) and the temps have been below normal..Could you please send me some of that global warming !