Estate agents

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
toffeeboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Estate agents

Postby toffeeboy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:35 pm

HI there,

I know its not allowed to post adverts here but if anyone knows any estate agents still in business and they are reliable and honest, please pm me details. Particularly in the Cordoba province.

Thanx
Alan Parks
Author - Bloody Hell, What's An Alpaca? - An adventure in the Frying Pan of Spain

patchdog
Resident

Re: Estate agents

Postby patchdog » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:13 pm

I know a Spanish lady who only charges 1.5 percent as against the Brits who regulary charge upwards of 12 per cent.
Where do you wan to buy?

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:40 pm

12%?????????????who????????

toffeeboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby toffeeboy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Actually I want to sell!
Alan Parks
Author - Bloody Hell, What's An Alpaca? - An adventure in the Frying Pan of Spain

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:48 pm

All the British Estate Agents I know charge at least 12percent and I know some who charge 15 and more.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Most agents in this area charge 5%, or 4% for sole agency. There's one who charges 2.5%. Local town hall architect suggests that if you want to sell, wait till at least 2012.
Dave

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:34 pm

If there are Agents really charging 12% please name them as that is disgraceful and disgusting - its 3 to 5% over my way.

Zofia
Resident

Postby Zofia » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:11 pm

When we bought our first house here (back in the days of pesetas) the price of the house was 9 million, but on the day of completion, we only needed to give 6 million to the sellers (the 'real' price). The rest went to the agents. I won't name them but they are still in business.
Finally really and properly living in Andalucia.

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Spanish Estata Agents in this area charge 1.5 or 2 percent.
A Spanish estate agent friend of mine was telling me an English Estate Agent phoned her asking if she had any houses in this area for arround 150,000 euro. She took him to one and he sold it to a Brit. The English Estate Agent then gave the Spanish lady 3,000 euro for her help.
I wonder how much the English guy made out of it. My friend said it was the easiest money she had made.

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:21 pm

My spanish next door neighbours family sold her parents house to Brits through an estate agent - the amount the family recieved for the sale was 90.000€, the price the people paid was 140,000€! Slightly more than the 1.5% - 2% other agents are charging. And before everyone says I got it wrong or that the spanish were lying I had it confirmed by more thn one member that was what they got, and went to the bank with the brits when they transferred the 126.000€ balance on completion. Needless to say I've said nothing to any of them!
I can spell but I can't type

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:50 pm

That'll be the same agents who were trying to sell the place I eventually bought (privately for 90k) for 132k no doubt :wink: I too KNOW what commissions they try to charge...

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:28 pm

And these are Brits selling to Brits and because they have been in a particular area for a while, they are well known, but people in this area dont beleive me and because my utterances have an effect on the Agents income, I have to deal with quite a bit of unpleasantness.
Bring it on.
Last edited by patchdog on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Col
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Big Col » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Amazing!!!

Drinking a hot coffee whilst reading these posts

1st scalded my mouth then 2nd and spilt it down my new shirt!!! and yet again

Really cannot get over these differing amounts

Why is it that folks rip of each other like this.

The fact is all contracts between aggents vendors and sellers should be made transparent

When i bought and sold the commision was 3% and I was happy, The contracts either way when a deposit is made should have the selling price, and thats it so if mrs x buys your house for 100,000
then that price should be on the contract 3000 to the aggent the contracts binding, and you can if poss speak to each other all parties should be happy, any extras negociated. simples!!

I remember an agent trying to get me to agree a bottom price without commission, and when i metioned commision he said thats what he gets on top of the price i wanted.

I showed him the door :evil:

If one agent used transparent contracts and working practices, and reasonable comision rates, he would get so much business, good word gets about, all folks want is fair play

If i was a agent i want busy busy busy, reasonble rates means happy sellers and happy buyers equals good business and a sunseeker motor yacht

maybe thats why ive a Canal boat instead

but i was getting there :lol: :lol:

got to go put the shirt into the washing machine

Big Col

sheilap
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sheilap » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:13 am

I am flabergasted or should i say my flaber has been gassted I know this system goes on ...but in this day and age is it now UP TO US TO stop this ?????????????????
with all the ileagle
ale builds dodgie town halls and everyone wondering if they will get that dreded letter why can,t we be all open and upfront you know how the saying goes greed breeds contempt
COME ON FOLKS GIVES US A COMPETIVE DEAL ON HOUSES
and by the way i'm happy in my house love the town and have no intention of moving

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 pm

hillybilly wrote:That'll be the same agents who were trying to sell the place I eventually bought (privately for 90k) for 132k no doubt :wink: I too KNOW what commissions they try to charge...

yes, "them up there" in casariche did the exact same thing. same amounts too. they bought thru V.. V.. dunno, sumin begining with V ;) when they had offices in AEG.

dont look at me, they didn´t know me then... :shh:

ive since been told that there are 3 prices. spanish, english and german, increasing in that order.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Those sort of commission rates are just as shameful and disgusting in my area too,personally I would tell them to shove it where the sun dont shine!!Having said that I do know a couple who ended up having to pay a disgusting amount of money off the top,if it was me he would have had to fight me for it!

mikeinspain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikeinspain » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:13 pm

did you find an Estate Agent? I would be very carefull about some of them in particular...who have you found?

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:43 am

I know a ´British´ agent who sold a house for 125,000€ and added another 20,000€ commission on top :wtf:

mikeinspain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikeinspain » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:37 pm

Yes I can imagine...all I can add then is if you want to private message me that is if you are using an agent then I can tell you only from my experience if you should use them or not...I don't think i am allowed to say on here but please please be very careful i dont want you to make my mistakes...and I dont wan to sound as if im putting you off but be carefull i am so annoyed at mine.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:28 pm

The best estate agent we have up here is British and he charges the same flat fee for all sales. His reasoning is that it's just as much work and effort to sell a small place as it is to sell a large place and vice versa. His fees are reasonable and everyone knows what they are doing and it's honest.

We also have a Dutch agent who charges viewers to see properties, charges for advice, charges for information and is altogether strange. Needless to write - he's not exactly busy!!!