Education in Sevilla

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
vasaworld

Education in Sevilla

Postby vasaworld » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm

In the early 1070's I, along with five other families started a school in Mairena on a Property owned by the DeKanter family. The school was still in operation in the late 80's but had moved to Sevilla. We were informed at that time that the school was functioning well. Can anyone tell me what became of the school? It's current location and an address to contact whomever is currently operating the school.

Chet Walsh
[email protected]

ValL
Resident

Re: Education in Sevilla

Postby ValL » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Hello, I am sure you meant 1970's if you can give the name I can ask around when some folks get back from holidays.

vasaworld

Postby vasaworld » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:03 am

Of course I meant the 1970's. The year was 1972. I am nor sure what name you are looking for. The school really didn't have a name but probably had to have one when it moved to Sevilla. In the 1980's my wife was taken to the school by Joanne De Kanter one of the other family's who started the school. For the First year it was in their Studio on their property in Mairena. Tony De Kaner was a builder who had built a sub division there. I am not sure how large the sub division was. Tony, Who also worked for the US Gov. in the engineering office at the Moron de la Fronteria base, dies a few years later but Joanne and her children continued to live there. We lost contact soon after. I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thank you for your quick response,\

Chet Walsh
vasaworld

Liz Fox
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Liz Fox » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 am

Hi. Is it Mairena Del Aljarafe or Mairena Del Alcor?

vasaworld

Postby vasaworld » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Not exactly sure but believe it is Mairena del Alcor it is on the road to the Parador at Carmona.

Chet Walsh
vasaworld

Liz Fox
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Liz Fox » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:02 am

I'll ask my sister-in-law if she can find anything cos she lives there. Liz