Axarquia micr climate

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Piglover
Tourist

Axarquia micr climate

Postby Piglover » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:44 am

I have heard or read somewhere that Axarquia has a micro climate. I know it is a region but I am not sure which area they mean that has this micro climate? I am new to the Mainland so don't know different areas yet but what I do know is, I need to move to somewhere warmer, I am too cold up the mountain, I know it will soon be hot but I think I need somewhere a little less extreme. Can you tell me in your opinion which would be the best place within Axarquia for me to go and look at. I know everyone has different likes and dislikes but I am interested in which areas you all suggest. Ideally I would like to still have the amazing views of the countryside that I have now, maybe a 2 bedroom house with enclosed private garden, I do not mind living a bit 'El Campo' as long as house is modern and not old rustic like my present one. I like my peace and quiet, seclusion even, as long as I am only 10 mins or so drive from civilisation. I want it very Spanish so I can improve my language but I also want British people so I can meet up now and again for my fix :) Having said that, I am not into the 'Brits abroad' scene, where not much changed in their lives apart from the weather, absolutely great for some but just not for me. As much as I love a good debate, on this occasion could you please only make suggestions as to the best area in Axarquera is, rather then comparing it to your area etc because then it will likely wander off topic and I need to go driving there this weekend as I want to move within about 6 weeks. My main criteria is this microclimate weather I have heard about, along with beautiful countryside views, where is this place? all suggestions gratefully received.

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Axarquia micr climate

Postby Free at Last » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:55 pm

I live in the Axarquia and would say that as long as you stay reasonably near the coast the weather is indeed pretty good, with the winters being relatively mild and summer temperatures rarely reaching the 40C and above often experienced in areas further inland. I live in Velez-Malaga which is the largest town in the area, so although it is certainly "very Spanish" it probably wouldn't appeal to you if you are looking for peace and seclusion.

The area which claims to have the best climate in Europe" is Torrox, so the countryside around Torrox Pueblo might be of interest, although there is a high proportion of non-Spanish residents in both Torrox Pueblo and Torrox Costa. Algarrobo Pueblo is a pretty village with good access to the motorway and to the coast so somewhere around there might appeal to you also.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:22 pm

I live in the Axarquia Alta ie up near Zafarraya ... I think the problem is if you want mild winters and sea cooled summers then obviously near the coast is better but it is more populated there... but if you want country views and peace etc then you need to be further inland and then it gets colder in winter and hotter in summer (relatively speaking) ... and it is a big area to explore/get to know ... ?why don't you rent somewhere and give yourself time to choose ...

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:00 pm

I live in a place called Los Valverdes. This translates to 'green valleys' and is quite true. It is located some 30 mins inland from Torre del Mar in the Axarquia east of Malaga. It is just outside the town of Velez Malaga. We are 1000ft above sea level so the weather is a degree or 2 colder than on the coast.
It is so tranquil, quiet and very picturesque here but without being isolated. There is a mix of spanish and english-speaking people living around here. It is wonderful. We have lived here for 10 years now - and what a 10 years! They have flown over. Have a look at the following link to see some pics of our house:
http://www.beautifulholidayvillas.co.uk ... php?id=527
Graham

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Hmm. Jut clicked the link and it is showing a plot of land for sale in some godforsaken place in the North of England :?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi katy,
Yes but his Spanish site is there too. 8)

Mods might not like it................ :(
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:11 pm

If we are having a adds campaign, I have a plot of land for sale in Greater Manchester, it has planning permission for 7 four bed houses, I also have houses to let, but they are all tenanted at present, I hadn't thought about you lot on here wanting to build in UK :lolno:

Sorry for going off topic, Piglover but I couldn't resist it :oops:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:53 pm

If you can't beat em......... :thumbup: :lol:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:14 pm

House for sale.
Hot and cold running walls
Dave

Piglover
Tourist

Postby Piglover » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:55 am

Ha Ha, I can see you are going to have some fun with my thread. Anyway update, I've now decided that it is best to go and look at different places because no micro climate will make me want to live there if I don't like the feel of the place. So going to stay put here while I look at different places from Nerja to Casares over the next couple of months.

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:36 am

Don't forget to have a look at the Los Valverdes area just outside of Arenas.
Sorry for putting the wrong link last time.
http://www.sunsetproperties-spain.com/p ... 666,1.html
This one is the correct one.
Graham

ElVochoClassico
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ElVochoClassico » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi, just reading this and your question is pretty similar to what I want to know.

Where did you end up then? :)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:56 pm

Very Spanish and on the coast Rincon del la Victoria. All year descent weather. 18 today and sunny, felt like 22.

ElVochoClassico
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ElVochoClassico » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:18 pm

Great stuff, I think I'm popping over for on Saturday for a week ;)

Will check that out :)

Kate

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Bring your thermals :lol: Torrox's slogan is "the best climate in Europe" :eh:

http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/predicc ... ox-id29091

In case the link doesn't work .... Sunday for example is heavy rain with a high of 8 and a low of 1 degree and the rest of the week shown isn't much better.

ElVochoClassico
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ElVochoClassico » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:00 pm

I'm in Torrox now, yesterday was chilly and rainy but today I'm sat in the square in Torrox pueblo in the sun, very nice :)

Tomorrow looks a bit rainy and of course, Friday when I leave is the best day!

Good to see a place in the cold and rain though, I liked it then so all is good :)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Yes it's a much better day than expected ... often the way here. It depends on the wind direction and today if you're in a sheltered spot it is very pleasant. Glad you're enjoying the pueblo!

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:08 pm

However ................

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:59 am

Torrox micro climate maybe a bit different to what your thinking. Ie a lot warmer in winter to say 15k inland it may only be a few degrees different. . we have been in vinuela in say February and it's been a nice day and have thought ohh we'll go down to caleta de velez and the wind has been blowing a gale. I'm sure it may seem a bit cooler in summer with the breeze but that's about all. Maybe the micro climate talk is just a way to sell a few more houses. I may get shot down in flames.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:20 am

I felt like extending an invitation to Ian Duncan Smith to join us and enjoy the climate of 2 degrees last night. I would even make sure there was no heating on due to cost-cutting....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.