Best area for families with children?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
amyallebest

Best area for families with children?

Postby amyallebest » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi,
I recently posted that my family of 6 (four children) will be looking for a rental on the Costa del Sol. We have changed plans and decided to live in Sevilla. Anyone familiar with Sevilla? We'd love a recommendation for a school and/or neighborhood. Thanks!!

-Amy

kexon
Resident

Re: Best area for families with children?

Postby kexon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi,I know how difficult it can be to get information on a specific areas within Spain,however Seville is a large province and will vary greatly from one area to another.I can tell you that Summer temps here are much higher than the coast we regularly hit 45c in the summer(113f) and those temps may last until the early autumn.I cannot tell you alot of the schools,though the local mentality is not of high achieving it is still leave school and get a bar job if you can.Unemployment in my area is pretty dire and little for teenagers to do.In fact as far as I know there are now few english children in my area at all and i do know of some english children who had a really rough time in the local schools even when they became fluent in the Spanish language.If you are going to rent a house please ensure you have a good wood fire or similar(it can get pretty cold here in winter)equally ensure at the very least you have working air con units in the bedrooms for the summer,you will need them!

susanz

Postby susanz » Fri May 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Hello,
We are planning a two month stay in Andalucia this September and October (2012). We have a 10 and an 8 year old. We are looking to improve our very basic spanish and possibly enroll the children in an international school for the time we are there. We have been looking closely at Seville and have connected with St. George's school outside the city. We are interested in any recommendations/ advice on this plan. Other villages or cities that might better serve us? schools?

Thank you for your help.
Susan

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Sanlucar la Mayor (St Georges) is in my opinion quite pretty small town,. There are a few English families around that I know of and an English Speaking Group run by an English lady. PM me if you want me to put you in touch.