A place in the sun last night

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: A place in the sun last night

Postby Mowser » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Find It F'ME.... The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for. Easy to use, Easy to find, Hard to beat.
Are you advertising?
Dave

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Seems to be free now on here :silent:

Abyss_Rover
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Abyss_Rover » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Mowser wrote:
Find It F'ME.... The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for. Easy to use, Easy to find, Hard to beat.
Are you advertising?
I was under the impression that it was OK to add your own website, in your signature, Please correct me if I am wrong. I am sure that I have seen many, including blatant advertising for property rental?

I would never add the link in normal text, as you have done, or tout for business. If people on this forum would like to use our site, they are welcome to.
www.finditfme.com The new way to find what you are looking for.

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 pm

I was under the impression that it was OK to add your own website, in your signature, Please correct me if I am wrong.
House Rues here:
http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 28&t=27201
Advertising: You agree not to post messages that advertise commercial products or services or Internet Web sites. Specific personal recommendations in response to requests are acceptable if we consider them to be genuine. Businesses should PM "Private Mail" the poster directly if they want to help without advertising. Those wishing to advertise on this website should complete an enquiry form at This policy is designed to protect our advertisers who fund this notice board. It also applies to commercial usernames and tag lines
Ann

Abyss_Rover
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Abyss_Rover » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:02 pm

annfoto wrote:
I was under the impression that it was OK to add your own website, in your signature, Please correct me if I am wrong.
House Rues here:
http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 28&t=27201
Advertising: You agree not to post messages that advertise commercial products or services or Internet Web sites. Specific personal recommendations in response to requests are acceptable if we consider them to be genuine. Businesses should PM "Private Mail" the poster directly if they want to help without advertising. Those wishing to advertise on this website should complete an enquiry form at This policy is designed to protect our advertisers who fund this notice board. It also applies to commercial usernames and tag lines
Hi Ann

Thank you for quoting the house rules, I had read them before reading anything on the forum. I have not posted any message that advertises, I have not made any recommendations to my website, I have not used a commercial username or tag line.

On reading them again, I cannot find any objection to the mention of your own website, in your signature. I will make a thread asking what the correct procedure is, for this.

Thanks again

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:07 pm

I've seen websites mentioned in signature lines without comment. Go for it! :thumbup:

Abyss_Rover
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Abyss_Rover » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Chunky Monky wrote:I've seen websites mentioned in signature lines without comment. Go for it! :thumbup:
I have also Chunky. I have removed it for now and asked for advise as to this accusation.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 pm

katy wrote:Was it the one who was a keen golfer? It was on recently am. if so. He wanted marbella and they didn't show him one property there :lol:

Yes that was the one. One property was in Coin if I remember correctly. That well known suburb of Marbella.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:40 am

Captain Kirk wrote:Torrevieja is a wonderful place to live. I have friends there and they love it. There is a large British presence who live and holiday there. There are numerous British bars and restaurants where you can get everything from your Full English Breakfast to your fish and chips supper.

Whilst I have nothing against foreigners, I don’t particularly want to have to live them. Sadly, many parts of the Costa Del Sol that used to be British, are now being taken over by Spaniards, Germans and Scandinavians. Many of the Spaniards can’t even speak basic English (although to be fair to the Germans & Scandinavians, they do at least make the effort to learn English).

There is a lot of snobbery on here at times. Please don’t knock a great place like Torrevieja just for the sake of it – make a visit there one day and you might just be surprised.

Now that's funny :clap: :clap: :clap:

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:08 am

Normally "A Place in the sun" is 6 years out of date and I didn't know they were showing a new one although I know they have recently filmed around Mojacar. I can't find it on the listings and I thought it was Channel 4. Can someone enlighten me please?
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 am

It is on more4 today.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-pl ... winter-sun

Trigger
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Trigger » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Captain Kirk wrote:Torrevieja is a wonderful place to live. I have friends there and they love it. There is a large British presence who live and holiday there. There are numerous British bars and restaurants where you can get everything from your Full English Breakfast to your fish and chips supper.

Whilst I have nothing against foreigners, I don’t particularly want to have to live them. Sadly, many parts of the Costa Del Sol that used to be British, are now being taken over by Spaniards, Germans and Scandinavians. Many of the Spaniards can’t even speak basic English (although to be fair to the Germans & Scandinavians, they do at least make the effort to learn English).

There is a lot of snobbery on here at times. Please don’t knock a great place like Torrevieja just for the sake of it – make a visit there one day and you might just be surprised.
Oh, but you have forgotten to mention the graffiti. It is of such a high standard it even has it's own youtube clip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ke1SSNOXtw

Abyss_Rover
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Abyss_Rover » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Trigger wrote: Oh, but you have forgotten to mention the graffiti. It is of such a high standard it even has it's own youtube clip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ke1SSNOXtw
Wow, looks like the place to be..... :thumbup: If you'r 12 or maybe some other reason :twisted:

Does anyone on here live there?

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Classy!

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Abyss_Rover wrote:
Trigger wrote: Oh, but you have forgotten to mention the graffiti. It is of such a high standard it even has it's own youtube clip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ke1SSNOXtw
Wow, looks like the place to be..... :thumbup: If you'r 12 or maybe some other reason :twisted:

Does anyone on here live there?

Doubt it as it is in Valencia not Andalucia, but then neither is Lorca, and I always value gus-lopez input.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 am

Thank you barry !

Here in Lorca when they built the new underpass to clear the bottleneck caused in the centre of town by the railway line they paid for all one side of the concrete wall to be "graffiteed". :lol:
Todos somos Lorca.

Abyss_Rover
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Abyss_Rover » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:07 pm

gus-lopez wrote:Thank you barry !

Here in Lorca when they built the new underpass to clear the bottleneck caused in the centre of town by the railway line they paid for all one side of the concrete wall to be "graffiteed". :lol:
I guess it keeps the kids off the streets. :roll: Or not :think:

ninamh
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ninamh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:17 am

Sadly, many parts of the Costa Del Sol that used to be British, are now being taken over by Spaniards
OK.... Taken back maybe??? And they dont even speak English. How sad.

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 am

Julie wrote:I have never been there, but there are a lot of Brits there, so hovel or not it very popular Lol !
Lol, the Costa del Ingles.