Banks

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
chadbukl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Banks

Postby chadbukl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi All,

I need to open a spanish bank to facilitate the completion of my house purchase.
Preference would be for an English speaking Bank in Alora, however i know this may not be possible so any recommendations would be welcomed

cheers
chadbukl

Footprint
Resident

Re: Banks

Postby Footprint » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:47 pm

The Manager at the Antequera branch of Barclays Spain speaks fairly good English. I transferred my a/c to Sotogrande and they all speak English. I would imagine the same would go for their branches in Malaga.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

sujee
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sujee » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Sabadell Solbank in Alaurin el Grande have English speaking staff and we have had great service from them over the last 9 months.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Call at CajaSur in Alora and see if José Luis still works there. He speaks excellent English. CajaSur has been through a sticky patch (along with several other Spanish banks) so you may wish to take that into consideration when deciding if you want to bank with them.
Let's go Brandon!

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Yes, he is still the Manager there. I bank with CajaSur in Alora and all three staff members speak very good English.
CajaSur is now owned by a Basque bank (BBK based in Bilbao) and seem to be as stable as any other Spanish Savings Bank! :shock:

mrnkar

Postby mrnkar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 pm

I also bank with Sabadell Solbank & have never had any problems & deal with English speaking staff. I transfer money from U.K. to it quite often & don't get charged but do pay about €24 a quarter for this type of account. Hope this helps. Karen