water supply

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

water supply

Postby elscouser » Tue May 28, 2013 11:51 am

Any ideas everyone how much it will cost me to have the mains connected to my village house? It probably was connected at some point but will need a new feed i think - the supply is about 10 metres away- just a rough idea if anyone knows.

Also the elec - the cable goes into the side of the house but no elec to speak of in house....(its been gutted) any ideas how much the elec board charge to reconnect? i'll obviously need a reqire on top of that.

Thanks in advance

Steve In Leicester
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: water supply

Postby Steve In Leicester » Tue May 28, 2013 4:25 pm

I can't help with the water side, but I do have experience with the electrical side of things.
Firstly I should point out that they probably won't reconnect you without a recent boletin (test certificate). So you'll probably need to get it rewired and all up to current regs (for example externally readable meter) before even asking to get connected.
As for costs, I had my village house reconnected about 18 months ago, it cost about 60 euros for the connection and an additional 80 euros to have the supply cable upgraded. This involved a run of armoured cable of about 40 metres so I thought it was a bargain. (I'm an electrician in the UK and it would have cost a lot more than that here!

elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elscouser » Tue May 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Cheers bud, it's a small house, 2 rooms over 2 floors- rough estimate for full rewire to be done? Thx

Steve In Leicester
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Steve In Leicester » Wed May 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Well mine's a typical village house; 3 rooms and kitchen downstairs and 3 beds & bathroom upstairs, and the rewire cost me 2,500 euros. If you want to save a few quid it's worth remembering that many of the Spanish electricians aren't over enamoured at chasing out cable runs and often sub-contract that out to a builder or a labourer. So, if you fancy a bit of donkey work, many electricians will happily mark the cable runs and let you do all the dirty work, saving yourself a few hundred euros.

elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elscouser » Wed May 29, 2013 4:25 pm

superb, thanks bud - really helpful that.

chadbukl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chadbukl » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:09 pm

190 euro connection fee. All pipework was pre existing. We only had it installed as back up we plumbed our self in to a well on the land

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:30 pm

My rewire in 2006 cost €1200 and included installing 50 sockets. On top, I had to have a new electricity meter installed in a flush-fitting box dug into the wall of my house and I had to get a boletin - basically a safety survey. All the extras came to €395

So far as water goes, I can't give you a figure. Will you need to have a new water meter installed and what about the "waste"? Will there be work needed to connect that, too.

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebbnflow » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:55 pm

All pretty decent advice thus far, like mine though is out of date so please check your facts before continuing.

For the leccy make sure you use an electrician that is certified by Endesa to carry out the work. He can then supply the boletin himself. The regs keep changing so a certified guy should do the job right.

For the water supply, first find out if you are charged by the village town hall or an independant company, then apply appropriately. You need to also check your waste connection. In our case we were supplied and charged by the town hall but our existing waste was illegal! We therefore installed a modern style pit with soak away that complied with the latest regs of the time.

My costs are wayyyyy out of date so not worth quoting.

Good luck.