Removals

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
currycowboy

Removals

Postby currycowboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi first time post.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced removal company either in uk or in Spain (perhaps may be moving someone back to uk and can do me a deal on a return load) and if possible give me an idea of costs to expect. Have a 4 bed house plus a few hoarded items :roll: that I can't bring myself to part with. We are hopefully moving out early next month to Comares area.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Removals

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi currycowboy and welcome to the forum :D

I will probably be the first of many, but I recommend www.jimbothescot - can't remember if it's .com or .co.uk (I'm sure someone else will tell you !). I used him about 6 months ago, on recommendations from here, to move a couple of dozen boxes from Spain to UK (he goes the other way too), and I wasn't disappointed :thumbup:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 pm

We got quite a few quotes and bar pickfords who were more all the others were pretty much the same price. we ended up using david dale. very pleased with them. based off opinions from others and because they were local to us

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:36 pm

We moved from Scotland to Comares 7 years ago and used Britannia Movers. Great service. They had to shuttle the last kilometre due to our track.

Casscat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Casscat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:22 pm

I used Britons Removals in June and I was very, very happy with the service I received: http://www.britonsremovals.com/index.ph ... o-spain-2/ I had my stuff stored in two separate locations which they collected without incident, took over to Spain, stored at their depot for a few days to await my arrival and then decanted into two smaller vans in order to transport my possessions to my finca (small vans being necessary to navigate the track). This was the entire contents for a three bed house plus garden furniture etc. Not one single item was damaged, which is more than can be said for the many house moves I have undertaken within the UK!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Jimbob the Scot vote from us too, excellent service and excellent price. Everything arrived perfect, the only thing broken was a cup that I dropped unpacking1 :lol:

infoseeker
Resident

Postby infoseeker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:20 pm

I have heard many good reports of this firm , but they are quite a bit more expensive per cubic metre than other firms.Something to bear in mind if you have a lot of stuff.

jimbothescot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jimbothescot » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Infoseeker, you don`t say which firm you are talking about, is it me or one of the other two firms mentioned ?

I am not the cheapest removal firm out there, but I`m certainly not the dearest. my prices are middle of the range. A good removal service is also not only about price, it`s about turning up when you say you will and treating peoples possessions with respect and delivering satisfactorily at the other end.

Something else to remember is that someone moving 30 cu metres will not be paying the same price per m3 as someone who is only moving 3 cu m.

Regards

Jimbo

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:34 pm

I suggested Jimbothescot to friends- they went for the cheaper man- they ´lost´ things and broke things- the company did not care and lied and lied about where the missing things were. Most they never did get back and the ´insurance´ was not worth what they lost.

infoseeker
Resident

Postby infoseeker » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:19 pm

jimbothescot wrote:Infoseeker, you don`t say which firm you are talking about, is it me or one of the other two firms mentioned ?

I am not the cheapest removal firm out there, but I`m certainly not the dearest. my prices are middle of the range. A good removal service is also not only about price, it`s about turning up when you say you will and treating peoples possessions with respect and delivering satisfactorily at the other end.

Something else to remember is that someone moving 30 cu metres will not be paying the same price per m3 as someone who is only moving 3 cu m.

Regards

Jimbo
Sorry if I didnt make myself clear.
Yes ,I did mean your firm which sounds excellent from the reviews I have read.
It's just that the average seemed to be £70-80 per cubic metre from other well known firms, and if you have quite a bit of stuff, it's a lot of money, especially if it also needs to go into storage while house hunting,which would be my situation.
Also I have no idea how many cu metres I would have.I can't visualise it.
If it isn't too much, then I would certainly consider your firm, as every review I have read has been fantastic, and it would certainly give me confidence to know that my goods will be looked after.

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:02 am

Having seen the recommendations on here for Jimbo I told my daughter about him. Unfortunately he couldn't fit in her dates for her move from Brighton to Spain. However he did kindly recommend another company and she is very pleased with the service offered. Thank you Jim.
Sandramay

Pete'nKim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pete'nKim » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:24 pm

If you are in the UK you can use a service called Shiply (I don't work for them but am looking to move to Spain shortly) you place a request on their web site and a variety of removal companies supply a quote on the site, which you can then view and choose through.

To give an idea of size, we moved in the UK recently and it was around 700cubic feet (there were other bits and pieces brought by car and left in a family garage. We are looking at quotes of up to 1000cu ft. to give us a bit of flexibility. (our other option is a family road trip in a rented lorry, with my logistics core Sgt nephew in charge)
Remember - Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!