Torrox

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Torrox

Postby Manchesteral » Sun May 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Thanks !

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun May 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Went to ichiban with some friends who raved about it. Had the meu of the day which was pretty dire. Iceland style sweet and sour.the main noodle dishes looked alot better. But i would stay away from the M.O.D .best chinese MOD we have found is cafe tai at torrecila in nerja.great food.

The restaurant at the bus station is cafe javier attached to the salon de juego. great tapas for a euro each. Three and you wont eat the rest of the day. The main meals are excellent aswell

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Didn't try their MOD, We had the fixed menu for 4 at the back end of the menu. Starters, ribs, crispy duck, followed by 4 dishes and rice. I say fixed he was happy to substitute chicken for prawn in one dish as my wife seems to have developed a shellfish allergy recently. All were excellent and very tasty.

Obviously I haven't tried everything on their menu, but I guess like a lot of the restaurants you pick the right dish and it's excellent, wrong dish and bland bland bland.
Regards

Bob

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun May 12, 2019 6:45 pm

Yeah alot of the food they were bringing out did look really good. We just picked the wrong thing i guess

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Mon May 13, 2019 8:31 am

I am an animal lover, but I am afraid the abundance of cats puts me off, especialy when they are walking over the tables.

Steve
Hardworking resident !!

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon May 13, 2019 9:19 am

Probably the MOD :lolno: :lolno:
Regards

Bob

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed May 22, 2019 10:21 am

Well, I spent four days in Torrox last week and am impressed, Torrox park as has been suggested is little more than an urbanisation and not really for me, the costa seems to be totally targeted to tourists, mainly German but does have a decent paseo and some good looking restaurants.
The pueblo is something else and right up my calle, I have rented a very nice apartment in the centre of the village just 150 m from the main square and I am moving there on the 15th of June, thanks for all the assistance, cheers Al :-)

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 am

Successful trip then. Couple of friends of ours have also recently rented a flat in the plaza.

Enjoy Torrox.

Ps had a hot tip for a restaurant in Torrox pueblo, called el Pilar, or something similar. Apparently excellent and busy.
Regards

Bob

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 22, 2019 11:13 am

May see you around then, although my trips to the pueblo are usually limited to the post office as we never go to the bars or cafes there. I've never found anywhere I would like to live around this area though, we have always felt at home here.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:15 am

Good to hear you liked the pueblo, would be my first choice all the way. :thumbup:

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed May 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Turns out it's called el Figon. My gestor who's office is virtually next door says that it is really good, possibly the best restaurant in the pueblo and probably needing a reservation. Haven't tried it myself but methinks thst i will be in the not to distant future.
Regards

Bob

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 22, 2019 1:18 pm

It only opens in the summer and has a nice courtyard setting.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed May 22, 2019 4:13 pm

Congrats on the move. We love the main sq at torrox. The mountain road over the top to frigiliana is now newly tarmaced. So if you have a car the drive is worth it for the great views. El figon is always highly rated on T.A

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed May 22, 2019 4:24 pm

Was just about to recommend a great culinary experience that I went on in Torrox a few years back -Casa Cebadillas - but they seem to have packed in!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed May 22, 2019 4:46 pm

Personally I think El Figon is only average for food, I do think it has great ambiance however, lovely little courtyard.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed May 22, 2019 8:02 pm

The best food I ate in the pueblo was at La Casa, very good food and service but also by far the most expensive in the plaza,I would recommend it though if you don't mind splashing out from time to time !

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu May 23, 2019 9:18 am

peteroldracer wrote:Was just about to recommend a great culinary experience that I went on in Torrox a few years back -Casa Cebadillas - but they seem to have packed in!
We never got to eat there but it was a unique experience from what I heard. Themed dining nights in the owners' home for small groups. I understand they had problems renewing their work visas (they were American) and so they closed down quite
a few years back now.

The salads at El Figon were good but the main meal I had there was only just OK, but the setting is lovely. The meal I've had at La Casa was expensive and very mediocre but maybe the chef's changed since then. If we eat out then we tend to go for the menu del dia options and my favourite Indian on Torrox Costa, which is the Madras Curry House down the far end next to the Santander bank.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 25, 2019 10:27 pm

Anyone know of a (possible) restaurant in Calle Baja called I think El Tejia, I haven't been inside and there is no menu displayed outside, no indication of what it actually is, no menu displayed outside but it does look like a (Moroccan style) restaurant, any feedback on this ??

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun May 26, 2019 12:12 pm

Do you mean this
https://teteriataifas.negocio.site/

Teteria Taifa?

We once went when it first opened years back, it is a lovely decorated Moroccan tea room and is only open in the evening.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun May 26, 2019 1:21 pm

That's it, thanks, I thought it was a proper restaurant, might try it though, cheers :-)