Torrox pueblo property

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
RaybertK
Tourist

Torrox pueblo property

Postby RaybertK » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi everyone,
Just a quick question here.
I have seen some house for sale on Spanish property websites that are south of Torrox pueblo.
The area that the properties are advertised is from the A-7 motorway that dissects Torrox pueblo to the roundabout that the A-7207 and the MA-102 roads meet south of Torrox pueblo.
Any information about that area would be very helpful towards my decision to look there.
Thanks,
Ray.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Torrox pueblo property

Postby costakid » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:47 am

Ok if you want to be in no mans land. You will need a car for sure.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:28 am

Is it a new development? The triangle of land between those 3 roads is a river valley, although it may be the very southern edge of the pueblo if it's actually just off the MA102. As costakid says, it's not really near anywhere and not particularly attractive.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:32 pm

RaybertK wrote:Hi everyone,
Just a quick question here.
I have seen some house for sale on Spanish property websites that are south of Torrox pueblo.
The area that the properties are advertised is from the A-7 motorway that dissects Torrox pueblo to the roundabout that the A-7207 and the MA-102 roads meet south of Torrox pueblo.
Any information about that area would be very helpful towards my decision to look there.
Thanks,
Ray.
Torrox costa Like living in Munich with good weather.

Torrox park Very isolated housing estate with parking spaces.

Torrox pueblo beautiful old village, absolute nightmare to park a car, rubbish bus service, rubbish shopping.

The only way you could be remotely comfortable there would be if you bought a nice old house in the campo anda good 4 x 4, also you would have to like barking dogs !

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:57 pm

Big parking lot in torrox pueblo where the market is held. Other scrubland areas near by aswell. Newish carpark at the back end of the village aswell

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:29 pm

The large parking lot is situated at the bottom of the village behind the police station and there is a steep hill to walk up if you live in the main part of the village, no good if you have to carry shopping !

The scrubland areas you speak of are all situated on the very outskirts of the village, again a long walk to wherever you may live, these areas are also susceptible to theft !

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:39 pm

Sorry ment the other market area. Or where it used to be held at the football ground end of the village

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:32 am

costakid wrote:Ok if you want to be in no mans land. You will need a car for sure.
Not necessarily, this area is on a good bus route.
Hardworking resident !!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:35 am

Unfortunately the buses are infrequent and the return service from the costa stops arouund 20.30-21.00.

To clarify, none of the Torrox areas are particularly bad places to live but having experienced 6 months there I would still say that one would need some form of motorised transport, even a scooter, but relying on the local bus service will restrict your movements, having said that it's only one euro each way !

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:47 am

The underground carpark (under the new plaza where the market is held next to the Police station) is shut now. Having said that, last time we looked one entrance was not closed off and people were still parking in there, but it is not officially open. The main big carpark is where the olive press is and not a bad walk into town.

I would never choose to live in the pueblo without transport though. It does have banks, bakers, butchers and the Post Office, but I would never want to live in any of the pueblos without being able to get out and about in my own car.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Totally agree :-)

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:52 pm

The torrox tourist bus/train seems to go on well after 21:00