Buying a property .... but the border of two municipalities (Algarrobo/Arenas) cuts through the plot!....... Help!!!!

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Buying a property .... but the border of two municipalities (Algarrobo/Arenas) cuts through the plot!....... Help!!!

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:10 pm

The nota simple should only say that it had been segregated if it has been done legally. If this is the case it will state the size of the plot and the fact that it borders to the East such and such a preperty, and equally to the West, South and North.

It does not depend on how long ago the segregation was done but whether it was carried out legally. It should not have been possible but, in the past, with the necessary enchufe and a pocket full of euros many things that should not have been possible miraculously became so.

To go back to basics, if the lawyer insists that it is possible to regularise the property tell him that once it has been so regularised you will proceed, then and only then.

gill&ers
Tourist

Re: Buying a property .... but the border of two municipalities (Algarrobo/Arenas) cuts through the plot!....... Help!!!

Postby gill&ers » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Beachcomber.... I’m not exhaggerating when I say that you are without doubt a major help to us.
..... and as much as we want the property... and would love to own it (heart rules head etc) we really are reaching out for advice on here and want to have our eyes opened to the possibilities of all the negatives.... or potential downfalls. So a really big thank you to you for your wise, knowledgeable words.

The property is on 955m2 of land. This is stated on the nota simple. Is it just possible that we could only be responsible for that 955m2 plot ....... and not the segregated plots too? You say it’s shouldnt be possible.... but .... it could have become possible with a few palms crossed with silver in the past?.... wink wink.... nudge nudge.... say no more and all that? .....

I’m not trying to grasp at straws... and will see how the lawyer replies to our email.....

We don’t want to.... but we are prepared to walk away..... but don’t want to!!!!!!!! :lolno:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:01 pm

I don't think you made it clear enough Beach.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:10 am

Well, as I said, anything is possible but there is obviously some reason why the regularisation process cannot be completed.

gill&ers
Tourist

Postby gill&ers » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:44 pm

The lawyer finally replied to the email I sent. Although there are the issues with the border.... registered in the wrong municipality.... etc.... he does say that....

....”The plot of land has obviously been segregated, as all plots of land have been segregated at some point from a bigger plot… but the land is privately owned, it is not pro-indiviso.”

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:35 am

So what are you going to do? are you buying it?