Residency in Almeria

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
AndyB4235

Residency in Almeria

Postby AndyB4235 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:37 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could please give me some advice. Not withstanding the current situation, we are hoping to move to our house in Almeria as soon as is possible. We are a couple but are not married. The house that we have bought is in joint names and we have a Spanish bank account in joint names. We are, as far as I'm concerned, a settled couple. When we can eventually get to our home ( we have sold our UK property) we will be applying for residency but using my UK Government pension as income for both of us. I saw on another chat forum that someone who is apparently "in the know" stated that in Almeria they require that a couple be married if only one of them is earning. Can anyone please confirm if this is in fact the case, or will the fact that we own the property jointly (no mortgage) and have a joint bank account be sufficient to prove that we are a commited couple. Obviously we are aware that it all depends on whether we can get to our house before the transition period ends!!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Residency in Almeria

Postby costakid » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:30 am

I am not sure you will be able to enter Spain as a non resident until possibly September. Nightmare situation for all of us but the boarders are closed for the foreseeable future.
I am sure you will be ok with proof of funds for you to both survive once this is over.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 am

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/c ... w-partner/

Have a look at pareja de hecho aswell. Will be of use to you in the longterm.

And as above says as only ppl with resdence papers can enter the country you will have to wait on that first.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:29 am

costakid wrote:I am not sure you will be able to enter Spain as a non resident until possibly September. Nightmare situation for all of us but the boarders are closed for the foreseeable future.
I am sure you will be ok with proof of funds for you to both survive once this is over.
Has anyone a view on that please based on what they have heard/read from official sources?

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:46 am

I'm not sure if it's relevant but I can tell you what's happening to me right now.

I have stated on a number of occasions over the years that I had no desire to become a permanent resident but I have however, due to personal circumstances, now changed my tune.

I've been toing and froing between U K and Gran Canaria for some years now and have decided to make the move permanently, In early March of this year I began to gather the necessary papers and background information, having done most of this I went to the local police station to find out how to proceed.

I was told that as of that point here would be no processing of residencia for at least 3 to six months and of course ongoing depending on how the corona virus situation developed meaning that I could not expect to be processed until at least mid August (in my view it will be longer) !

I am now in the situation of being basically stateless, I no longer have a home in U K and have now overstayed my 90 days here.
I went to the local police station last week to inform them of this and they have this on record, I'll be left alone until such time as the processing of my application can take place, still a very unsettling situation to be in, we can only wait and see !

As regards the financial situation goes I have been told that part of the application requires me to offer proof of financial independence via statement from the pensions office, any help to you ??

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:03 pm

ManchesterAl. A difficult situation for you. I suspect that the official advice is to wait till the dust settles after Covid 19.

Not a great comfort. I will start a new thread to cover those of us stranded/stuck away from their habitual residence. I am interested in when borders might be open for limited travel

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:52 pm

olive wrote:
costakid wrote:I am not sure you will be able to enter Spain as a non resident until possibly September. Nightmare situation for all of us but the boarders are closed for the foreseeable future.
Has anyone a view on that please based on what they have heard/read from official sources?
Yolanda diaz,goverment minister is talking about tourism not starting until towards the end of the year so whether the two can be connected that way??