Jimbo - Future Plans, Back on the Road.

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
jimbothescot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Jimbo - Future Plans, Back on the Road.

Postby jimbothescot » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:13 pm

Since lockdown was lifted, myself and Ali have been working non stop to clear the backlog that had built up during lockdown. I will have cleared all of that by October. At the end of October, I will be taking an extended break during November and December to restructure the business in readiness for Brexit ( I hope !) Over the years, I`ve had 7.5 tonne vehicles, then two 18 tonne lorries and 3 years ago I downsized to a 4.6 tonne Luton van with a 3.5 tonne box trailer. As the hair gets a little greyer, I`m going to downsize again to a 3.5 tonne van and avoid the problems that may well arise with Operators licenses and tachographs and hopefully slow down a bit and not be running to the UK as often as I have been lately. So, from the end of October, I will not be available but I shall return in 2021. In the meantime, stay safe everyone in what has been a very challenging year.

Best Regards

Jimbo :wink:
Last edited by jimbothescot on Sun May 02, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Jimbo - Future Plans

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:12 pm

Good of you to let everyone know :-) - I wish you well as you 'slow down'
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:59 pm

Have a well-earned rest

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:22 pm

We live in weird times. Glad to hear you are well.

All the best for 2021

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:02 am

Good look with your revised business plan.

jimbothescot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jimbothescot » Sat May 01, 2021 2:18 pm

Well, since I posted my future plans many months ago, Brexit has made moving goods between the UK and Europe much more difficult and for the time being have decided not to go to UK.

Instead, I will be concentrating on more local moves and pick ups near my own area of Huercal Overa in Almeria Province as well as National moves within Spain and International to other EU countries. In April, we have completed a move from Visborg in Denmark to Almeria Province and just this week a move from Chiclana de Frontera to Paizay-Naudouin-Embourie in France as well as 3 local moves.

I have sold my UK registered van and trailer and purchased a 3500kg LWB Spanish registered van with a capacity of 16 cu metres, so while I may not be able to handle many of the larger moves that I used to do when I had the 18 tonner, I`m sure I`ll still be able to provide a useful service to many of the members on the forum.

My website has been refreshed to reflect more of what we do now. www.jimbothescot.com, please take a look and if I can be of assistance to anyone, please get in touch.

I also have a new Spanish telephone number as well as still retaining my UK number Tel 711080170 or 0044 7985 762606

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Jimbo :wave:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat May 01, 2021 10:02 pm

Glad you got everything sorted :-) - I'm sure those who want to go to UK will understand, & I'm also sure many on here will avail themselves of your services within EU
Good luck with it all :-D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)