Sorvilán

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Sorvilán

Postby Pirateprincess » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:19 pm

Guys I have a question, have any of you got information about the area
LOUISE M

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Sorvilán

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:36 pm

Super super quiet and quite chilly in winter due to altitude and exposure to wind. The direct road from the village to the coast is unsurfaced but there has been work to surface it ongoing for about a year. The nearest supermarket is Albunol which is about 30 minutes away. I have been there a few times (not this year for obvious reasons) and don't even remember there being a bar there as we always stopped at Haza de Lino about 10km away.

Go there if you like the really really quiet life and Mosto the local wine (very sweet and must be drank within a few months of being bottled)

Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pirateprincess » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:51 pm

Oh really, thanks paddy, not really what I was looking for tbh, it seems quite big, no bar as being Irish I'd be lost... 😂😂, can you recommend anywhere else
LOUISE M

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:47 pm

It's a tiny village on top of a mountain.....Sorvilan near Albunol...right? We are talking about the same place?

What are you looking for? A holiday, a place to live, a holiday home? Are you comfortable speaking Spanish? A beach, mountains, big city?

Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pirateprincess » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:10 pm

Yes the same place I think... Bout 15 mins from the coast apparently, so here's my story! My parents had a place way up past granada, Domingo perez, up near alcala la real! I was supposed to buy then but circumstances changed, then mum passed away so I had to stay in Ireland because dad didn't want to move out there permanently... He decided to sell, I should have just bought dad out but hindsight is wonderful! In June dad passed suddenly so I'm on the search for something small with a small budget, I don't mind a fixer upper, but slightly habitable! For myself and my 9 Yr for holidays to start but eventually a move, he's into horses, and is a huge socialite! Indoors not really his thing! I have seen a few but obviously with current situation I can't travel to view areas etc! I'm open enough from almeria to malaga and inland a bit! Not full of expats like I don't wanna bump onto my neighbours cousins hahaha!
LOUISE M

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:11 pm

Did you ever buy anything when you were looking to move with your 7 year old Son 13 years ago?

Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pirateprincess » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:06 pm

I did but I didn't move out there as my parents were interested in the property, we had some personal issues, then dad decided to sell! With my mind in not the best of places I agreed, but I'm looking again, how are you doing Katy, still out there?
LOUISE M