Malaga city

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Malaga city

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:29 pm

Wicksey wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:41 amWe can get to the airport in about 40-45 mins and we live about 7 mins from the motorway junction, but it's not a journey we enjoy. It's not a commute I'd like to do each day but then you're probably a lot younger than us. It's 120km round trip so it would rack up the kms in your car/s.

Good to know fella, thanks - the house we looked at yesterday was .. off the motorway, turn left and go up that "ringroad" then turn off at the other junction near the industrial estate. new build with a massive garage and sea views - and a fantastic price. it was amazing. no garden tho, and as you say.. 120km a day... so we are bit undecided.

My manager and one member of staff live in Chilches Costa and Benajerafe respectively, and they say they wouldn´t like to be much further along.

As an aside, and unrelated to andalucia - you mention Colchester. I used to live on Colchester road in Heybridge, my dad worked at the university in Colchester, and I used to work in Crispins resturant in Messing.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:26 pm

spanish_lad wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:29 pm
Wicksey wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:41 amWe can get to the airport in about 40-45 mins and we live about 7 mins from the motorway junction, but it's not a journey we enjoy. It's not a commute I'd like to do each day but then you're probably a lot younger than us. It's 120km round trip so it would rack up the kms in your car/s.
As an aside, and unrelated to andalucia - you mention Colchester. I used to live on Colchester road in Heybridge, my dad worked at the university in Colchester, and I used to work in Crispins resturant in Messing.
:lol: small world isn't it? We lived in Wivenhoe close to the University and we own a rental house near to Maldon, which is where we always stay when we visit Essex.

As you say, it is the daily commute you have to consider. The 40 mins drive for us is on a clear run, but it's a fair mileage each day and so the total cost is something to consider.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:57 pm

I know a few who used to commute from east Marbella to Malaga. A neighbour used to drive to Fuengirola and take the train to Malaga. Quite a lot of commuters here in Sussex and the average journey time is 1 hour plus they may have to travel across London from Victoria.