Wanted Electrician/Plumber/Builder

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
RaybertK
Tourist

Wanted Electrician/Plumber/Builder

Postby RaybertK » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:15 am

Hi everyone,
Hopefully I will be able to visit Torrox Pueblo in mid November to visit my place. While I am there would anyone know a reliable electrician/plumber/builder who speaks english that can do some work on my property whilst I am there.
Thanks,
Ray.

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Wanted Electrician/Plumber/Builder

Postby daveboy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:11 pm

We have used Ian Palmer. English who I am reluctant to use but very reliable, reasonable price and good work. He is normally booked a couple of months in advance though.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:04 am

You could try speaking to Tony (Antonio) the owner of Restaurant La Plaza (1st one in the plaza de la constitution in Torrox pueblo), he's been there for years and knows everyone. Alternatively you could try La Casa, opposite La Plaza, they are English and also have been there a good while, they own a hotel in the village so they should have access to tradesmen !

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:07 pm

Sounds like a good tip Al...It's always about who you know.. :D

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:00 pm

La casa has closed but i guess they still have the hotel? Make sure anyone you use is legit/registered. As theres no come back if something goes belly up rspecially with electrics

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:09 pm

I haven't been on the peninsula for a while so I didn't know La Casa was closed !

Their food was always very good if expensive, I was never happy with the service though !

The last I heard they were trying to flog the hotel for 1.5 million (probably twice it's actual worth), when I do go there I always stay at Al Andalus another hotel on the same street !

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 pm

Al Andalus is for sale too 845,000€

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:03 pm

Wicksey wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 pm Al Andalus is for sale too 845,000€
]]Also overpriced by at least 250000 !

The problem with this kind of business in this day and age is that not only do you (as a buyer) have to reclaim, bit by bit, the capital outlay plus running costs plus salaries plus profit but also be prepared to tie up your capital for many years and do a lot of the work yourself !

The last time I spoke with Loly, the owner, she said that she would never sell it, however that was over a year ago so I'm guessing they are now bogged down financially !

I would hesitate to offer her as a reference for building work, she undoubtably knows all the local workmen but she doesn't speak a word of English, might be worth trying though if the o p has some Spanish !