Visa Application Temporary Address

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
PetenDebs

Visa Application Temporary Address

Postby PetenDebs » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:27 am

Hello again,

As mentioned previously we are starting our visa application, (in the UK), and part of that process, means that we have to have a Spanish address that is in the Huelva region, for our application to start.
I have been informed by "My Lawyer in Spain" that nothing will be posted to this address, just that our paperwork will go to the legal office, closest to that address.
Does anybody on here feel comfortable helping us out with that? Does anyone on here live near to Gibraleon, Hinojos, Bonares for instance?
We would be happy to speak to somebody on the telephone, to introduce ourselves or put your mind at rest about helping us out.
I'm sure this will be the first of many hurdles we come across, but we don't really want to fail at the first.
Any help or advice, again, would be greatly appreciated.
Pete

ashtondav
Resident

Re: Visa Application Temporary Address

Postby ashtondav » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Ive just heard UK form S1(?) suffices for health insurance. No need for private insurance?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:17 pm

I understood that you can only get the S1 accepted AFTER you have become resident. Catch 22 and it seems crazy. Anyone else know about this? It may be different if you applied for residency before this year.

Sid

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:25 pm

As far as I know you are correct, I've been wrestling with this for over a year now, as I have stated in other posts I have to (currently) pay for private health insurance at 1800 euros per year !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:30 pm

ashtondav wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 pm Ive just heard UK form S1(?) suffices for health insurance. No need for private insurance?
First you have to catch your rabbit !!

As far as I know (and this has recently happened to a friend of mine) it's virtually impossible to get residencia unless your are actually living in Spain !

The U K authorities are very reluctant to give you an S1 unless you are permanently resident in Spain ! and you need to jump through a lot of hoops !

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:04 am

Although it's a year or seven ago I am certain a residencia certificate was one of the documents required when registering my S1.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:59 am

Are you talking about using the S1 as part of the NLV visa application? If you are already resident and become an O.A.P then you can claim your S1

PetenDebs

Postby PetenDebs » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:52 am

Hi all,

We are getting our NLV for residency in Spain, and must prove that we have medical insurance in place before we go for our interview at the consulate in Manchester.
Combine this with certificates, legalisation, lawyers and translation costs we will be just under the £5000 mark for the two of us.
We are due to be in Huelva in a couple of weeks to view some properties, with the hope of securing something while we are there.
Stressful times......