Looking for a good gestor in the Cadiz area

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
corysea

Looking for a good gestor in the Cadiz area

Postby corysea » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Dear Friends,
My wife and I are EU long term residents (and Australian citizens) living in Portugal and we would like to move to the Cadiz area in 2022.
Can anyone recommend a good English speaking gestor in the Cadiz area to help us with this move?

We would be looking to rent an apartment, transfer our Portuguese driving licenses to Spanish ones, transfer our health care using an S1 form, buy a car, transfer our Santander bank account from Portugal to Spain, set up our businesses and taxes, etc.

Many thanks,
Cory Sea

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Looking for a good gestor in the Cadiz area

Postby Wicksey » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:14 pm

I think you will have to start from scratch in order to obtain residency here and initially apply to the Spanish embassy in Portugal. From https://spain.embassy.gov.au/madr/Austr ... llers.html
"Work or Residence Permits
Australian Citizens wanting to work or reside in Spain should apply for the appropriate visa from outside of Spain, from your nearest Spanish Embassy or Spanish Consulate." "If you have a work, residence, or ancestry visa for any other European Union country this visa is not transferable to Spain."

Not sure if exchanging the Portuguese driving licence will be straightforward or not. Hopefully it could be as it's from another EU country, but not sure if your non-EU citizenship affects it or not. You cannot start this until your have your residency sorted out.

Perhaps a Cadiz local forum member can help with a gestoria to give you more advice.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:01 pm

Hola,

There is an excellent English speaking solicitors in Conil that most English speaking ex-pats in the area use. Google Temple Cambria

Davexf

bernipops3
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bernipops3 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:02 am

dxf wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:01 pm Hola,

There is an excellent English speaking solicitors in Conil that most English speaking ex-pats in the area use. Google Temple Cambria

Davexf

I second this recommendation Alvaro Morales at Temple Cambria was excellent when we sold our house and for other legal matters.