Espa Pump Info

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
gretch
Resident

Espa Pump Info

Postby gretch » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:01 pm

We have an Espa water pump, it’s a ‘Prisma 15 5m’ the type with a sphere on the top.
Does anyone know how much pressure should be in the sphere?

Thanks gretch

Conehead
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Conehead » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:04 am

If you are talking about a plastic "sphere then it contains a spring. This controls the pressure that the pump supplies and is indicated on the manometer on the side of the unit.
Mine has a differential of about 2bar and shuts the pump down at about 5 bar (is a little on the high side). Running at full flow it supplies about 4 bar but that all depends on the size of pump and the maximum demand.
Officially they are not adjustable.
If you are talking about the older system where there is a metal pressure vessel on the pump then the pressure is set from a valve on the top. You can change the pressure there. It should be about what you require in the pipework in the house.
What is your problem. I found a place in Malaga that has spares for these pump at a very reasonable price.
Due to the high cost of energy, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off until further notice.

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:18 am

Conehead, thanks for the info.

It’s the old type with the pressure vessel. It was set to cut in at 2bar and out at 4bar, but when it got to just over the 2bar mark it seemed to ‘drag’ on and shower water would heat up (ouch) until the pump cut in.

I eventually found a chap that supplies these pumps that was willing to give me the information I needed, and not try to sell me a new one.
It has to be 0.2bar below cut in pressure. I’ve reset it and so far so good.

Cheers gretch