Approx costs for rejas

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Approx costs for rejas

Postby olive » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:06 pm

Anyone any experience, preferably supply only, of having rejas made for windows? I appreciate that a complicated design would be more than a simple one.

So I am looking for ball park figures per square metre for standard rejas with a simple design.

olive

MrsP
Resident

Postby MrsP » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:36 pm

€100
Chris

GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo
Location: Rio Burmuza, Canillias de Aceituna near Velez Malaga

Postby GRANVILLE » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:55 am

I am just having some made. 4 windows @ 4 foot sq, 1 @ 2 foot sq. 580E Fitted . They have a fancy scroll in the middle plain on the outside. Finished in black.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:07 am

If you are putting up rejas...you want them to stay there...then make sure you get solid rods and not hollow...the price for each type are different even though they may look the same. :)
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:21 pm

€125 per m2 supplied and fitted etc.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:25 pm

silver wrote:If you are putting up rejas...you want them to stay there...then make sure you get solid rods and not hollow...the price for each type are different even though they may look the same. :)
they might say there, but the fixings are *beep*, the reja wont stay there, if they wont them out they will come out...

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:53 am

For goodness sake, spanish_lad! There is nowhere on this earth that is proof against a determined attack - e.g. all the BrinksMat depots and the like that have been robbed, and the ATMs taken by JCBs!
A Reja will allow you to have the windows open, but make it very difficult for anyone not skilled with a fishing rod to take anything more than a couple of feet from the opening - and it is a bit tricky squeezing a 42" plasma tv through the bars!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:39 pm

Just put in an order to have several made today: 50€ per sq m (simple design, excluding fitting, solid bars). :D

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:38 pm

hillybilly

Could you PM me details of where you are having yours made. We want some done and the local man just does not have the time to bother to come out and do it! Have been waiting for 9 months! When we go back in September would like them ASAP.

Thanks,
Fred

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:22 pm

My guy is in Pedrera, Sevilla, so probably too far away for you. Unless you go to him with your order and pick up from him if that's possible?

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:20 pm

A Reja will allow you to have the windows open, but make it very difficult for anyone not skilled with a fishing rod to take anything more than a couple of feet from the opening - and it is a bit tricky squeezing a 42" plasma tv through the bars!
I think you are missing the point that Spanish Lad was making. (he will correct me if I am wrong).

As I understood him, it was the security of their fixing to the wall that he was querying.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:29 pm

I thought s-l was meaning that they were ineffective, as they could "easily" be pulled out of the wall. One problem with retro-fit rejas is that the holes to fix them into are often just hammered into the wall using a very large cold chisel and sledgehammer, leaving cracks in the outside render and in the interior yeso. Planning (i.e. leaving mounting holes ready when building the rest of the house) does not seem to be a Spanish builder's strongpoint!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.