Fagor Ecoplus water heater

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
malagaman2005
Resident

Fagor Ecoplus water heater

Postby malagaman2005 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:14 am

We have a problem with our heater in as much as it isn't heating the water! Everything is set to maximum, there is a pilot light and gas in the bottle but a very slow flow of water when the tap(s) are full on hot. anybody any ideas please before I go down the route of calling out a plumber. Thanks

I'm not sure why the make has been *beeped* out but it begins with F and ends in OR with AG in the middle !!!
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:55 am

I had a problem just like yours; it was just the gauze filter at the end of the tap that was blocked. :oops:
Hope this cheap solution works for you.

gretch

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:10 am

Thanks gretch, I thought that, but unfortunately it's not that, there's a good strong pressure at the taps on cold ( we have a pump system fitted)
just seems a lack of pressure after running through the heater, thanks anyway.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:48 am

I don't think ADC has any prejudices against the mention of F@gor as a proprietary brand name. It is the F@g part of the word that is the problem but I didn't think people called them that any more! :?

As to your problem, are you sure there are no filters inside the heater that have become blocked?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:46 pm

Our was the same...it was partly blocked by cal. A few bottles of agua fuerte did the trick.

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Thanks for all the replies, now sorted. Local friendly plumber replaced the water heater/tank thingy which was all but blocked with cal, a common problem on this model apparantley in fact he always has a recycled one in his van already de-cal'd for such occassions.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

cal

Postby Julie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:58 pm

Hi Katy

How do you clean the cal out with agua fuerte, i have heard this said before but, were does one pour it to clean it out?

Also another thing might be worth a mention, the tee bar under your sinks, were the water supply splits hot and cold holds a lot of cal and are cheap and easy to change, if you find your water pressure droping it may be that

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:14 pm

Sorry, I don't, a man did it for us.