Enclosing a balcony

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Lisa B
Andalucia.com Amigo

Enclosing a balcony

Postby Lisa B » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 pm

Does anyone know of a reputable company who can manufacture aluminium doors and windows to enclose a balcony, we will fit it ourselves we just them to manufacture.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:56 am

there is a company near you called glass curtains. they are on the coin road.

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:55 am

Our neighbours have glass curtain windows on their terrace and because of the multiple panes of glass I don't think they would be easy to fit yourself. There's were fitted by professionals and they still get water pouring in when we have the occasional rain storm.

If you look in the small ads you can usually find lots of window manufacturers now, we went to a German firm in Velez Malaga, but they fitted them as well. I must admit we wouldn't be without them as we now have another room we can use.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:43 am

Old Kraft at Churriana will help I'm sure...English owned.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:20 pm

You may also need to get a building licence to enclose a balcony as it increases the living area.

If you are in a block or an Urb you may also need permission from the president.

Sid

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:37 pm

There are 2 window manufacturing companies near you that I know of, although I don't know if they would insist on fitting as well.

D&M Projects are English, on the Coin Road just out of Fuengirola; near the car showroom whose name I have forgotten. Tel: 952 667 761

We know people who have used them and say they are good, and we had a quote from them when we were getting double glazing earlier this year.

Protec Ventanas have a showroom just off the N340 near La Cala and their factory is on the industrial estate near D&M. Tel: 952 587 573.

We did use them and they were brilliant in our view. We later used their seperate building company for some other work and they were briliant as well. They are german owned but use spanish and polish labour.

Good luck.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

SharonW
Tourist

Re: Enclosing a balcony

Postby SharonW » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:13 am

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had any recent recommendations for a company to use for installing glass curtains? Any advice gratefully received! We have so far contacted Elite (based in Marbella) Protec and R-DMCS, but really wondered if anyone had used any of these?

Thanks!

Regards
Sharon
Regards Sharon

Parilla
Resident

Re: Enclosing a balcony

Postby Parilla » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Don't know whether or not you are part of a community in an apartment in an urbanisation, LisaB.

If so might be worth a post on the "You and the Law" section of the forum, to check if what you want to do is legal .