Swimming Pool

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
juliesteve&joe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Swimming Pool

Postby juliesteve&joe » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:32 pm

Hi All

We are at the beginning of the process to build a pool. We have had a few quotes, but worryingly the builders have all given us a price with "permission" included. When we have delved into this further, it seems they mean, by permission, a project license. I was led to believe that in order to build a pool you needed full planning permission- is this the case? As we believed it to be so, we enquired to the town hall architect who said he could do all the plans for us, and deal with all the red tape, including sending it off to Cordoba for its approval. We were quoted 1,500 euros for this- does anyone know if this is about "right"?
Also, I forgot to ask him how long the approval (presuming it is granted) can take. Any experience and help much appreciated. Thanks.

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:31 pm

We paid an architect 1400 euros for plans (5 years ago) and the building licence cost us about 800 euros.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:39 pm

An above ground pool doesn't need a licence. Check with the ayuntamiento and show them photographs of above ground pools.

If they deem it a temporary pool, you should be OK.

Try www.europoolshop.com

It's not a cheapo plastic option. The pools are steel reinforced and can have a wood surround.

Rogue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rogue » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:39 pm

I employed an architect to draw up plans for a reform. She left off the pool saying it didn't need permission. I insisted she put it on, she insisted permission wasn't needed. I insisted, she agreed reluctantly and assured me that there was no need. She works for the local ayuntamiento building and planning department in the mornings and for a firm of architects in the afternoon so you'd think she would know. Make of that what you will!