Building Costs

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
briansession
Andalucia.com Amigo

Building Costs

Postby briansession » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:12 pm

I hear that contractors are now desperate for work and that building costs have gone down to as low as 500 - 600 euros per square metre for good quality build. I would appreciate your comments if you have recently been getting quotes for a new build in the costa del sol.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Re: Building Costs

Postby silver » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Work is low or non existent for builders but 500 - 600 euros per square metre but these prices are really not valid for good quality build unless they knick all the materials :(
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Price per m2 depends on the kind of building that´s being done.......nigh on impossible for proper living accomm with reinforced structures and insulated build to latest specifications.......but 600 per m2 for a garage that would really be a garage and not something else later on would be feasible

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:52 pm

You get what you pay for recession or no - but what really irritates me is when you are paying by the hour and they spin out half a days work into a days work because they don't have enough other work - so you end up paying more than you should unless you really know your stuff and can argue successfully :x .

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:59 pm

Don't ever pay by the hour or day. Get a quote for the job so that you pay the same no matter how long they take over it.
Let's go Brandon!