Drain problem

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
oscarposcar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Drain problem

Postby oscarposcar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Does anyone know of a plumber in Axarquia who has camera facilities to look at drains. We are having persistent problems with blocked drains and don't really want to break up all the flooring. Any recommendations? Thanks

Laslomas
Resident

Re: Drain problem

Postby Laslomas » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 am

I can recommend Waynes Drains, I think they are based in Torrox, but they do travel anywhere within reason (952539425). We had blocked drains that the first plumber we called gave up on. In fact when he left they were worse than when he began and our kitchen sink was full to overflowing with filthy water, and we had to pay him for that! Waynes Drains came the following day with all the high tech equipment and followed the piping through until finally managing to clear the blockage. Not cheap, but a very good job. And they clean up after them, something which a spanish workman is often keen to leave for the customer to do. I am not connected in any way with the company, just a relieved and thankful customer.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:45 am

I second that, we had Waynes Drains out a few weeks ago to sort out the exact same problem.
Very efficient, very proffessional and not expensive.
Hardworking resident !!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:46 pm

my dad. but i guess you´ll be using waynes drains.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 am

We use Wayne's Drains too. They always manage to turn out quickly in an Emergency.

Didn't know your Dad had the camera set up Spanish Lad, or might have tried him.

oscarposcar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby oscarposcar » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:04 am

Hi Spanish Lad - who is your dad? We are using Waynes drains but always good to have another option...

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks for the recommendations for Wayne's Drains, they've just been out to us. We thought we had a leaky pipe in a wall but apparently it's not that, the bath the other side needs sealing, which we can do ourselves. I was a bit dubious it was that, as it's been 4 months since we've been here and I would have thought the wall would have dried out, but apparently the bricks are porous, like a sponge, so soak up the water and slowly release it. It's been 8 years since we had the bathroom refurbed though.............not had this happen before. Anyway, we will do as suggested and fingers crossed the problem will be solved.