Any tips on where to find a solid glass door?

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
EdX20
Andalucia.com Amigo

Any tips on where to find a solid glass door?

Postby EdX20 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm looking for one to allow more light in to my cave house. And contractors are currently drilling 4 big holes through the ceilings to install Solatubes, can't wait to see them installed. What a mess but once it's no longer a building site I should have a bright, comfortable, many-roomed cave dwelling.

I imagine a new glass door would cost a fortune (the local glazier agreed) so I know it's a long shot but hoping to find a discarded one from a shop, bank or suchlike.

Maybe someone here has an idea or a contact, here's hoping.

I put want ads on a couple of Spanish buy-sell sites but nothing so far. I'd rather not put in a modern glazed door (even in wood-effect) if I can avoid it.

alisonb
Resident

Re: Any tips on where to find a solid glass door?

Postby alisonb » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:58 pm

You don't say whether you want internal or external. If internal, leroy Merlin do sliding glass doors in plain solid glass at a very good price
AlisonB

EdX20
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby EdX20 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Good point and thanks - external, front door.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Before you fit anything other than a standard external door, if you have home insurance you should check that it does not invalidate your cover. I can imagine more than one underwriter having a *beep* fit at the idea of a glass door!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.