Pool covers

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo
Location: Rio Burmuza, Canillias de Aceituna near Velez Malaga

Pool covers

Postby GRANVILLE » Wed May 06, 2015 11:42 am

Hi all
I have a winter cover for my pool and it works well. My question is do the ones that look like bubble wrap work to keep the heat in at night. Or do solar covers/ circles work. Any replays thanks

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Pool covers

Postby El Cid » Wed May 06, 2015 11:57 am

The bubble wrap covers do keep the heat in and help to warm the pool.

The only downside is that the UV rots them and, depending on the quality, you may only get about 5 years out of one before it starts to disintegrate.

Sid

probe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby probe » Thu May 07, 2015 12:32 pm

There's also a large range of quality of cover. We've had a good quality bubble wrap style cover for 8 years now. When not in use its rolled carefully onto the roller and a cover wrapped around it. There is some wear and tear but otherwise pretty good and has at least another 5 years in it.

Its useful over the winter to keep debris out and in the summer when not in use it prevents excessive evaporation.

Probe

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue May 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Anyone had problems with cats and dogs not realising it is a pool cover and tried to run across, ending up in the water at the edge and unable to get outI wonder because we had a dog that jumped into a pool thinking it was grass wheras it was a pond covered with duckweed.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!