eco brick maker ?

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

eco brick maker ?

Postby spanish_lad » Tue May 03, 2016 11:16 pm

ok, hi everyone - does anyone know where in spain i can get an eco brick maker ? IM thinking of using the endless supply of free paper that i have to make something to burn.

i know i can get them online from the uk, but is there anywhere here ? Ive googled and found nothing. "ladrillos de papel, bloqes de papel" etc etc.

like this : Image

they are about 10 pounds in the uk, so up to say 15€ ? even a used one, if its in good condition ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: eco brick maker ?

Postby costakid » Wed May 04, 2016 7:57 am

Have you tried Bricomart, Cano or Leroys?

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Wed May 04, 2016 8:23 am

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Wed May 04, 2016 10:55 am

I took a one to Spain. And used it only a few times. Basically a pain. We ended up just making big bun shaped paper bricks as it was so quick. Btw a tip for breaking down the ink in the paper is to add a bit of washing up liquid.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:02 pm

We’ve used one of those ‘brick maker’ thingies, we found it quite satisfying at first, being ecological and all that, but it got bit tedious after a while, there’s a lot of messing about, wetting your paper and tearing it up, then waiting for the ‘bricks’ to dry.
Try rolling up your newspapers, very tight, and then fasten with some thin wire at each end, much easier, and the end result is the same, OK yes there are bits of wire left in your fire grate, but that's not the end of the world, is it.

Gretch