Drainage

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Rummii
Andalucia.com Amigo

Drainage

Postby Rummii » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:51 am

Hi all
Does anyone one know what laws are with grey water soakaways (shower sinks washing machine ) in the campo as I am thinking of using this water to run down our land and water our trees rather than go in to septic tank it’s just so much water and it seems such a waste when we on bore hole and have to have water delivered in height of summer for rest of irrigation
Many thanks

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Drainage

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:36 pm

If it's going onto your own land I would just do it. We have a land drain that eventually goes out onto the track and we've connected our bath to that. I would have liked more to go to it to save the poor old drains blocking up as there's no fall on them and although we're really careful at what goes down, they get blocked with just soap deposits. When we had a house without a water supply all the grey water we could collect went out onto the garden in buckets, which is the same thing as you're proposing.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:22 pm

I agree. It would though, be a good idea to move the pipe around a bit. Grey water, especially from washing machines has a lot of Grey" in it.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:09 pm

I would do it, but have it coming off into a 'holding/seperation tank with some sort of washable filter (sock?) So that alot of the 'grey' as olive says, os filtered out first.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:03 pm

Rummii wrote:Hi all
Does anyone one know what laws are with grey water soakaways (shower sinks washing machine ) in the campo as I am thinking of using this water to run down our land and water our trees rather than go in to septic tank it’s just so much water and it seems such a waste when we on bore hole and have to have water delivered in height of summer for rest of irrigation
Many thanks
Having had recent communication with my town hall, it is no longer allowable to discharge grey water onto the land ( even on your own land!). This is an EU wide environmental ruling, though how it can be policed is anyone's guess. Its all to do with stopping grey water entering the water table.
Gerry

Rummii
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rummii » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:37 am

Thanks for replies ......

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun May 03, 2020 1:03 am

Ahh thanks for that gerry.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.