Junkers minimaxx boiler help required

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
RickN

Junkers minimaxx boiler help required

Postby RickN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi - had a new Junkers minimaxx boiler fitted last year. It’s worked perfectly- and even fired straight up last week after 7 months dormant.
Yesterday- it stopped firing up. So I changed the gas bottle, then changed the batteries and then changed the regulator. Still no life. Not clicking and there’s no red light when switching on. Water pressure is good. Any clues?

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Junkers minimaxx boiler help required

Postby olive » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:11 pm

Is that the one that has an on/off button? If so check it hasn't been pressed inadvertently

Debris bridging the sparking equipment.?

Is There a good flow of water out of the hot tap? Might be a few months of debris in the mains water that has come through and blocked up an inline filter. In a tap? In a shower? In the boiler itself?

RickN

Re: Junkers minimaxx boiler help required

Postby RickN » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:01 pm

Thanks Olive. It’s working perfectly now. After hours of repeating the same basic steps and getting nowhere. I decided to give it one last go before calling a plumber- it sparked straight up (having refused to do so 50 times) and has worked perfectly since!!! Obviously playing a cruel trick on me, but cheaper and less embarrassing than deciding to work again when the plumber arrived.
Thanks again.