Pool still green

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
ashtondav
Resident

Pool still green

Postby ashtondav » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:52 pm

My pump failed for a few days and the pools gone green. New pump, loads of chemicals but pool still green. What am I doing wrong!!!!!!. Is the only solution drain and refill?

casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Pool still green

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:03 pm

Get yoursel a pot of copper sulphate and some rapid chlorine.. Also check that the ph isn't out of whack.. Could be quite expensive to refill, especially if you have to go the water tanker delivery route.
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:37 pm

Loads of shock chlorine should fix it.

Sid

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:00 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:03 pm Get yoursel a pot of copper sulphate and some rapid chlorine.. Also check that the ph isn't out of whack.. Could be quite expensive to refill, especially if you have to go the water tanker delivery route.
Thanks. Can you explain the copper sulphate bit, please.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:16 pm

You'll be able to buy a pot of sulphate de cobra at the same place you get chlorine. In fact the multitabs normally contain some copper sulphate. But if the pool's green put some neat copper sulphate in. I dissolve 3 or 4 tablespoons in a watering can then sprinkle in the pool. Should help clear the green, especially if you also add rapid(shock) chlorine.
Regards

Bob