Replacing wooden balcony handrails

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Replacing wooden balcony handrails

Postby Screagle » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:43 pm

I've two balconies with wooden handrails on steel balustrades that are nearing end of life - the handrails that is! Having recently hung persianas de esparto from under the guardapolvos the abrasive persianas are likely to hasten their decline. So I'm looking to replace them with formed concrete handrails in brown for durability and zero maintenance but can't seem to find an equivalent product in Spain as per this link:

https://www.manninghamconcrete.co.uk/fe ... mm-autumn/

I would be very grateful to anybody with links in the trade for the name of a supplier or manufacturer in Spain of a similar product. My neighbour is interested as well but not very practical...

Saludos

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Replacing wooden balcony handrails

Postby Screagle » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:59 am

I'm pleased to report my rotting wooden handrails have now been replaced with wood plastic composite covers and very smart they look too. Neighbour is delighted as his two balconies were in an even worse state. I had to source, prepare and transport the rails from UK but once mitred on-site they literally snapped into place over the standard 45mm width metal rails and with a bit of silicone it was job done. Let's see how they fare...

Saludos