Kitchen renovation

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
ebyard
Andalucia.com Amigo

Kitchen renovation

Postby ebyard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:13 am

Hi All

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've got an apartment in Almunecar, and I need to replace the kitchen. It looks like something from an episode of Terry & June from the 1980s.

I've approached the local kitchen design/reforming companies but they only want to sell me luxury, German made kitchens with granite/quartz worktops etc etc.....with a price tag to match. I'm after a "Howdens" style kitchen as in the UK - it's a holiday flat, so don't need luxury stuff.

Leroy Merlin have the kind of kitchens I want, but they don't do installation and the one local kitchen fitter I know said he doesn't recommend them. Also, he doesn't know where I could get a Howdens style kitchen from.

If anyone has any advice etc I would appreciate it - I'm feeling very stuck, for something that should be so easy.

Cheers
Ed

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Kitchen renovation

Postby El Cid » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:20 am

Try these people.

Muebles Mavil, Edificio Picasso, Av. Europa, 16, 18690 Almuñécar, Granada

Sid

ebyard
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebyard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:29 pm

Thanks for the info, Sid, though I did go in there last week and no kitchen stuff to be seen.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:51 pm

They do don’t have big exhibition kitchens, they take up too much room. When we bought ours they designed it on the computer. They carried sample panels and fittings etc. they did an excellent job fitting it.

Most in town furniture shops sell from catalogues with a few example on show.

Sid

Rummii
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rummii » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi I have found bricomart kitchens are good price and not bad to fit ...not best out there but more than adequate...they don’t do installation but if you go down with a plan they will help you get everything you need.....one little tip there is that everything is separate ie legs ,hinges , draw runners etc